Crosman 600

20220409_164848.1650122922.jpg

Hi I'm a new member here and its been difficult for me to find some info regarding this particular air pistol. It is a crosman 600 semi automatic. I cleaned it up a bit and it does in fact shoot very well. What I have learned is they were made in the 1960-70s. Its a .22 pellet with 10rd tube. Any help would be appreciated.

Reactions: maxtrouble
I inherited my 600 from my Father-in-law some 35 plus years go now, and back then I too didn't care much about it besides yeah, cool old pellet pistol. After getting it out of storage a few years back I am soo glad I hung onto it. It's a really nice vintage air pistol and they don't make them to this quality level (at least modern mass produced models) anymore. I've had lots of offers to buy it over the years and some over 200 bucks but I'll be keeping it for a few more years anyway.

That said I made a revisit video on mine a few years back, and it's still a strong accurate shooter some 50 years later. Never mind the my palming the Co2 piecing button with the heel/palm of my hand. The pistol was unloaded and barrel clear, but that's still a bad/wrong habit I have since ceased to do, but it's live and in color in the vid... Anyway, don't do as I do, err did..lol

https://youtu.be/H0rxQZKqNlM

View attachment 207865

Hi I'm a new member here and its been difficult for me to find some info regarding this particular air pistol. It is a crosman 600 semi automatic. I cleaned it up a bit and it does in fact shoot very well. What I have learned is they were made in the 1960-70s. Its a .22 pellet with 10rd tube. Any help would be appreciated.

"Look what they go for".

Key word in that sound advice is GO (for); not to be mistaken for what they are LISTED for. In my opinion, notwithstanding occasional actual sales to folks personifying the saying, "there's one born every minute", many to most Crosman 600 asking prices and appraisals are rooted in various ratios of wishful thinking and ... "fertilizer".

Collector values are hugely related to condition; not just mechanical condition (function), but cosmetic condition. Considering your gun falls in the range of only good to very good condition (below excellent and better conditions that interest collectors), if you want to actually sell it rather than wait for a "born every minute" prospect to stumble along, the lower end of appraisals in this thread are more realistic.

With that said, I might have just helped you find a buyer; since my experience suggests some that disagree with my assessment are often disposed to jump in with "I'LL give you $2XX for it!"

See what I did there?

Custom 600.jpg

600 Custom.jpg

600 LS.JPG

I do love my 600, but parts are very hard to find as others have said.
If you can find an extra Cam Ring, grab it. That is the weak link in the 600. If properly maintained it shouldn't present a problem, but previous owners might not have kept everything properly lubed. In a dire pinch, I reckon you could even have one made. Seals, however, are still available .... pick up a few sets.

C600.JPG

I do love my 600, but parts are very hard to find as others have said.
If you can find an extra Cam Ring, grab it. That is the weak link in the 600. If properly maintained it shouldn't present a problem, but previous owners might not have kept everything properly lubed. In a dire pinch, I reckon you could even have one made. Seals, however, are still available .... pick up a few sets.

View attachment 437388
i have one just like yours except for the longer barrel, i purchased it about 15 or so years ago, & pretty much jammed after a couple of shots , been sitting since..

• Wow
Reactions: Modski66