crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com

I see you figured it out... I am a member over there and went on to refresh my memory as to what it takes to become a member and see that you are now listed as the 'newest' member. It is a different process than any other forum I have ever joined but I guess there was a lot of 'spoof member requests'. It's a nice forum based in the Netherlands with a lot of good information on Crosman pistols. They really want you to be an active member especially when you are brand new, so make sure to introduce yourself and do a couple of posts within the first couple of weeks of membership. I think you will enjoy your time there.

Reactions: Bandito
I understand that it's a privately owned forum, so what ever their regulations are, they are.

Personally I've never been very electronic savvy, I grew up with a party line phone, didn't have to dial or push buttons, there was a humanoid on the other end of the line that connected you to your party, my mom did the wash with an old wringer type washing machine that had a gear shift on the side to reverse direction, and our main source of entertainment and news besides the local news paper was the Radio, (TV's were still eight years down the technology highway).

Besides our land line we have a cell phone, it's one of them low tech flip phones, not many functions, but that's ok, I haven't a clue how to program it, are you ready for this, I only use it to talk to people I need to talk to, oh the horror.

I don't know what secrets that forum is trying to hide or just how paranoid the owner is, but I'm not going through an NSA top security application just to discuss a $50.00 air pistol, so I guess I'll be passing, if you're a member of that forum feel free to pass this post on to Bert, he may find it amusing, or he may see the folly in his application process. ☺️

I did get registered there, and find some good manufacturer specific info there. The trouble was worth it. I grew up with my parents having a party line, and radio until I was about 10 years old , when dad won a tv from a car dealership who entered everyone who had purchased a new car the previous year. We did not have a tv station, closest was a bit over 100 miles away until we finally got one about a year later. My first job after college was in a small town with an phone system that was entirely by an operater., At my first station in the USAF all I could afford was a party line.. We still have a land line, primarily for 911 purposes, but that may be going in the future. I do have a smart phone, I am a retired pharmacist, still doing a little part time work and find it great for having some medical apps so I can literally carry a stack of books in my pocket. I will do email on it, but absolutly refuse the texting, preferring to call and, gasp, talk to a person.

I understand that it's a privately owned forum, so what ever their regulations are, they are.

Personally I've never been very electronic savvy, I grew up with a party line phone, didn't have to dial or push buttons, there was a humanoid on the other end of the line that connected you to your party, my mom did the wash with an old wringer type washing machine that had a gear shift on the side to reverse direction, and our main source of entertainment and news besides the local news paper was the Radio, (TV's were still eight years down the technology highway).

Besides our land line we have a cell phone, it's one of them low tech flip phones, not many functions, but that's ok, I haven't a clue how to program it, are you ready for this, I only use it to talk to people I need to talk to, oh the horror.

I don't know what secrets that forum is trying to hide or just how paranoid the owner is, but I'm not going through an NSA top security application just to discuss a $50.00 air pistol, so I guess I'll be passing, if you're a member of that forum feel free to pass this post on to Bert, he may find it amusing, or he may see the folly in his application process. ☺️

Me too!☝️

Hello, my name is Mark and I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I've got a Crosman 2240XL on order from PyramydAir and I'd like add a red dot since the pistol doesn't include fixed sights. I'm looking at the inexpensive Crosman Red Dot sight just to try it out since I've used nothing but iron sights in the past. Does this attach directly to the pistol or do I need a picatinny rail to attach it to?

The Crosman 2240XL will have 11mm Dovetail for mounting optics, you will need to buy an adapter that is Dovetail to Picatinny for your Red Dot...

If the redot is for a picatinny try one of these

UTG 11mm (3/8") Dovetail to Weaver Adapter, 2pcs | Pyramyd Air

I am using a couple of sets to mount scopes on some Marlin 39a Mountie rifles, using quick detach Weaver/picatinny rings.

The above mentioned adapters work very well in most situations. They are very low profile and don't add any extra weight. For a cheap, light, low profile red dot, I like the Victory Optics with 4 brightness levels. The push button is on the front. ( I don't know how to add links, sorry)

http://www.victoptics.com I think this is the site. Couldn't get link to red dot to work. 

Thanks everyone for your responses, I just purchased one moments ago on eBay for $21.55 and want to thank jkingrph for suggesting the Tactical Holographic Reflex Red Dot. Once I get the Crosman 2240XL from Pyramyd Air and mount it to my new pistol we'll have to compare notes. I'm now looking at rifle stocks and other goodies but plan no modifications until I get to spend time with the gun and go one upgrade at a time.

Thanks everyone for your responses, I just purchased one moments ago on eBay for $21.55 and want to thank jkingrph for suggesting the Tactical Holographic Reflex Red Dot. Once I get the Crosman 2240XL from Pyramyd Air and mount it to my new pistol we'll have to compare notes. I'm now looking at rifle stocks and other goodies but plan no modifications until I get to spend time with the gun and go one upgrade at a time.

I'll bet you a dollar that it won't take long for you to swap out the red dot for a scope, red dots are nice on combat guns, but for targets and small game hunting they're not practical, the red dot usually ends up covering the target, so any kind of precision shooting is near impossible if you're wanting to put them in the X-ring or make a head shot on a squirrel.

hmm, 2021. So, I'm new here, same login at GTA so some of you here may "know" me.

This is my first post too ... I was seeking info on a new(ly) purchase(d) 2260. So all I gots is etiquette questions - big time.

Do I "need" to introduce myself (somewhere)? Do my posts get "approved" at the "start" like another board recently "discovered"?

Is it commonplace for a thread like this one to "change direction" like this one did? Do youze guys do PM's here, because I'm seeking that "hidden" e-mail address for the entitled forum wondering if I too want to join. (guessing it's better to get that e-mail address in a PM, no? ... etiquette strikes again...).

Anyway, hi AN, I'm an airgun addict, apparently.