Crosman closing down...

Hyperbole :|

Don't give this guy views....I despise these 'influencers'...

Businesses evolve, merge, get bought out, go bankrupt, and sometimes all of the above.

It is too early to conspire what the roadmap ahead is for the company. Could be bad, could be worse, could be for the best...

Crosman simply went from being owned by Velocity outdoors, to being owned by another company. Why would a company buy them out and just cease all production of cphp's? Maybe they will maybe they won't...and frankly their quality is so in the drain imo, that the only way is up unless they are discontinued, to which I would say, it is their business decision to do so...deal with it.

-Matt

I thought there just trimming the fat and consolidate there holdings in Arkansas with gamo / daisy . The new and improved "gamdaymen" corporation .

Man these companies ain't nothing but holding company hot potatoes .. heck crosman got tossed around not long ago in 2017. Then you never know they might sell again in a year or 10 ..lol.

It's all about the cheaper better product..

( Cheaper for them to make and better profit for the shareholders) 🤤 Sold to you at the highest inflated price possible 😉

I thought there just trimming the fat and consolidate there holdings in Arkansas with gamo / daisy . The new and improved "gamdaymen" corporation .

Man these companies ain't nothing but holding company hot potatoes .. heck crosman got tossed around not long ago in 2017. Then you never know they might sell again in a year or 10 ..lol.

It's all about the cheaper better product..

( Cheaper for them to make and better profit for the shareholders) 🤤 Sold to you at the highest inflated price possible 😉

Isn't that ALL businesses, catering to shareholders? 90% of what I buy in the store that is packaged has changed in quality and quantity at a higher cost over the years...To all the guys who think Crosman (or their holding company) is lone actor here, scry some more.

-Matt

Reactions: Dairyboy
Is it another incident of NYS driving a "gun" company out of the state? Gov Hochel is driven by the down state.
Could be who knows ? I think a company of course has to either produce products or services that people want to spend their money on. Doesn’t seem like they have done this for awhile now. Their stuff has been pretty crappy.

Their registered agent is "C T CORPORATION SYSTEM".

-Matt
I think a foreign company need a American something to establish there business here .. so maybe a agent. They can't just come in and pop a squat .. I'll look at that ..

Edit.

That's what it looks like .

Reactions: Stubbers
Remember when Crosman bought out Sheridan and Benjamin? Those products endured. Daisy has been in operation for a long time, I’m sure they know what they are doing.

It is unfortunate for the folks in NY who will be losing their jobs, maybe some will relocate to Arkansas.

I'm far too young to remember but I will be a Benjamin boy for life!

And heck, my first bb gun was a daisy pumper, lol, so, things come full circle I guess.

-Matt

Reactions: bustachip and wgd
guess i should have bought that 1701 at the last show In NY ?

Yep!

I figure my 1701P just tripled in value. :eek:

1701P at 25.JPG

Guess I should'a bought that truck-load of 'em at the last Texas airgun show.

FWIW, in my opinion they are one of the most widely under-appreciated air pistol GEMS.