Crosman closing down...

Yep!

I figure my 1701P just tripled in value. :eek:

View attachment 493031

Guess I should'a bought that truck-load of 'em at the last Texas airgun show.

FWIW, in my opinion they are one of the most widely under-appreciated air pistol GEMS.
Mine has seen very little use since purchased a few years ago. The groups you posted above have inspired me to revisit it… Thanks!

There's been so many sky is falling Crosman posts the last week or so, this was the first video content.

Most people that have made posts about had no idea that Daisy had acquired Crosman damn near 6 months ago.
Never thought I would see it pop up over here, again over a week that this has been going around on social media platforms..
We seen many videos and social media stuff for the last couple months. Most if not all just speculating or just giving their own opinion that doesn’t reflect the company’s stance at all.

Technically the sky is not falling at all. Only for some of the employees.

There's been so many sky is falling Crosman posts the last week or so, this was the first video content.

Most people that have made posts about had no idea that Daisy had acquired Crosman damn near 6 months ago.
Never thought I would see it pop up over here, again over a week that this has been going around on social media platforms..

More than likely the holding company will keep all the airgun related brands, for now.

But, they will also consolidate all operations into one while extracting the maximum return on their investment for their share-holders. (Selling off property and any un-desired assets, reducing or eliminating employee benefits, moving operations to lower paid states or countries, taking out as many loans as they can against the remaining assets, etc.)

Then, they will sell what remains- no profit needed as it has already been extracted.

Sadly, this is how business works today. It is not about providing the best product to the customer, it is about maximizing profit for shareholders. Your mileage may vary.

Ahh, refreshing to see someone with a sound understanding of...what, for the most part, "Made in America" stands for now-a-days.

-Matt

With all the new pcp offerings in the 300-500 dollar range, it only makes sense that they'd end up this way. They tired to contend with outdated designs. The marauder and Prod definitely were hot sellers for years, but again they're dated and they just didn't upgrade them as the years went by.

Newer people getting serious into airguns are going to go pcp and crosman/Benji offerings are too expensive for what you get. Anyone who gets into springers would laugh at any of their guns compared to HW, Diana, AA, etc.

Sad to see another American company on the verge of collapse though. Just look around, many have silently disappeared recently (walgreens is dropping fast, hooters, tgif, boston market, zx and citgo stations, red lobster, outback, etc) and the media says nothing because it might just affect the results of a certain thing that happens this November. Culpable is putting it lightly for what they do and don't do to the American people.
All I'm going to say to you comment is, when did this really start to speed up? No reply needed.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
4 hours up and 4 hours back. Long day. Tammy says hi. FYI the guy with the watch is Joe Brown as mentioned in that scums video. He’s been hired as Marketing head for only the last year. But apparently people that don’t know him know more than me. 😉. Really nice guy for sure and did more with marketing recently then Velocity did.

IMG_3427.jpeg

IMG_3417.jpeg

Last edited: