Crosman closing down...

With all the new pcp offerings in the 300-500 dollar range, it only makes sense that they'd end up this way. They tired to contend with outdated designs. The marauder and Prod definitely were hot sellers for years, but again they're dated and they just didn't upgrade them as the years went by.

Newer people getting serious into airguns are going to go pcp and crosman/Benji offerings are too expensive for what you get. Anyone who gets into springers would laugh at any of their guns compared to HW, Diana, AA, etc.

Sad to see another American company on the verge of collapse though. Just look around, many have silently disappeared recently (walgreens is dropping fast, hooters, tgif, boston market, zx and citgo stations, red lobster, outback, etc) and the media says nothing because it might just affect the results of a certain thing that happens this November. Culpable is putting it lightly for what they do and don't do to the American people.

With all the new pcp offerings in the 300-500 dollar range, it only makes sense that they'd end up this way. They tired to contend with outdated designs. The marauder and Prod definitely were hot sellers for years, but again they're dated and they just didn't upgrade them as the years went by.

Newer people getting serious into airguns are going to go pcp and crosman/Benji offerings are too expensive for what you get. Anyone who gets into springers would laugh at any of their guns compared to HW, Diana, AA, etc.

Sad to see another American company on the verge of collapse though. Just look around, many have silently disappeared recently (walgreens is dropping fast, hooters, tgif, boston market, zx and citgo stations, red lobster, outback, etc) and the media says nothing because it might just affect the results of a certain thing that happens this November. Culpable is putting it lightly for what they do and don't do to the American people.
Don't think there going under ..lol they jumped st dold to another holding company that holds gamo and daisy and locating them in Arkansas with gamo and daisy that's already there .. heck you may even see more bsa offerings as well ..

Crosman ain't going no where but out of my that state needs to go under . It's already too far gone as it is . Them ny folks done it to themselves. I don't feel bad for them in anyway .

Another thing to look forward to is competitor turned into Monopoly.

Holding all them cards now they can manipulate and price fix . I thinking right of is say good bye to the nice easy to get local Walmart cphp at 7$ .. look for them to think there equal to jsb in pricing next ..lol

This hobby after covid took a bad turn .

Pcp is just a racket . And they know it .. buy a gun you can't shoot unless you buy another guns worth of stuff to get it to ?? Lol. Naaa... I pass ..lol

We meaning myself and Crosman guys were just discussing how much misinformation is running around out there.
Before you listen to somebody on YouTube or just have speculations, please ask somebody from Crosman or myself. Hell even PA customer service is spreading garbage that simply isn’t true.

We get that guys just want to talk because it’s upsetting. Totally understandable. If you have a question ask.

I’ll be making my way back up to the Bloomfield plant this Tuesday after Labor Day for maybe the last time. That is unless something pops up again out of the blue, ya never know anymore these days lol. FYI I will only discuss what I can due to NDA.

Something isn’t making sense. Crosman bought two good quality brands, Sheridan and Benjamin. I have both and they’re pretty good. My Crosmans go back a while but are currently in good shape. Then Daisy bought Crosman and now someone else bought the whole thing? If all these product lines have gotten that bad why would anyone invest the money? They aren’t going to just shut it all down and leave everything to rot. Somewhere someone has something planned for these brands. I don’t know what but I’m glad I have a good stash of air guns and support equipment and supplies. Won’t last forever and at some point there may be no support at all for this hobby/sport. It wouldn’t surprise me to find this is another attack on 2A rights by outside players. Maybe I’m a bit paranoid but looking back on the last four+ years, maybe not.

Rick H.

Something isn’t making sense. Crosman bought two good quality brands, Sheridan and Benjamin. I have both and they’re pretty good. My Crosmans go back a while but are currently in good shape. Then Daisy bought Crosman and now someone else bought the whole thing? If all these product lines have gotten that bad why would anyone invest the money? They aren’t going to just shut it all down and leave everything to rot. Somewhere someone has something planned for these brands. I don’t know what but I’m glad I have a good stash of air guns and support equipment and supplies. Won’t last forever and at some point there may be no support at all for this hobby/sport. It wouldn’t surprise me to find this is another attack on 2A rights by outside players. Maybe I’m a bit paranoid but looking back on the last four+ years, maybe not.

Rick H.
Your chronologies a little bit off. Way back when, Benjamin bought out Sheridan, then later on Crosman bought out Benjamin. I believe Benjamin bought Sheridan in the 1980's and Crosman bought Benjamin in the early 1990's.
Unrelated to this, at some point Gamo bought Daisy, but that was much more recent.
Then very recently the conglomeration that owns Gamo also purchased Crosman.

Rick H.
Nail on the head...💯

Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers

Rick H.
Not daisy bought . A holding company bought .. using daisy is nothing but word play to make you thing it's something special. Being gamo is over daisy using them would make you feel better . For American daisy just sounds American and best to use to keep you happy ..

In the end it's just another hot potato holding company venture..

My Prod was my first PCP and I still enjoy shooting it. I won't say it is the last I would get rid of but it certainly is not the first. The Notos has advantages and is significantly cheaper but the comments on the trigger I see in reviews indicates the Prod is significantly better in that key attribute. I bet the Notos is outselling the Prod at least 10 to 1.

My speculation (because I know nothing about this) is that it's a move out of NY, which is not a gun friendly state and is a relatively high cost of living state, to Arkansas which is better from both standpoints. Nobody would move a business just to close it down. In the short term I would expect to see rebranded guns built by others join the lineup and hopefully some modernized designs built here in the US in the longer term.

The company I joined in 1979 after graduating from college was a large multi-national provider of electrical equipment founded by George Westinghouse. That company ceased to exist decades ago although there are still people using the name. What remains of the original multi-national is Paramount. They send me my smaller pension check each month. I get a bigger one from one of the former owners of the piece of the old Westinghouse I used to work for. We got sold at least 3 times in the 40 years I worked there. I had to move a couple of times to keep employed but they paid for the move and it worked out fine. I doubt this Crosman move is treating employees as well as I got treated but my point is that this has been going on for a long time and certainly does not mean Crosman is in the process of going out of business. Companies being bought and sold and moving their operations around is not fun when you work there or are very fond of their products but it's what happens and it has been happening for quite awhile.

I meant to comment on Crosman's way to provide parts in my first response on this and forgot. I was surprised but not really displeased the one time I ordered parts for my Prod from Crosman. I wanted extra transfer ports so I could try drilling some out and still go back to the stock .080 size if I wanted. There was no way to order the parts on line but if you got the diagram and looked up the part number and then called, you got a nice representative who would give you the price (which was very reasonable) and take your order. I am not a youngster but while I did not mind this process it has to cost more than getting some kid to setup a website for you. I doubt that process will continue although I hope they continue to provide parts at a fair price.

I do not enjoy saying this but I am not sure any Chinese airgun company would be willing to pay a lot for Crosman. They are making such inroads by offering decent product at a low price that it is not clear they would gain a lot by owning Crosman. I hope that is not correct but it is how I see it. Crosman teamed up with Kral with the "Craftsman" series and while I did not buy one I think that was reasonably successful. But if they were to team up with SPA I can see that going even better. SPA does not seem to want to sell direct to consumers preferring to sell through Umarex and other airgun companies. SPA is pretty bad on parts availability. Crossman knows how to sell airguns and parts. Letting both do what they do best could work well for both IMHO.

Reactions: TerryE1
In the end no matter what product line you are in-you need passionate users of those products in the design room and not the bean counters. Come up with the innovations first and then figure out how to build it economically. They worried about costs first and then built something that didn't work and had to make last minute changes to get some of these guns to function and that added unforeseen costs causing them to do price jumps before their release. Bad vision led to bad timing. You have to know that their Prod series guns were not their innovation-the aftermarket tinkerers were making PCP's out of 2250 and 2260 guns long before Crosman came up with their PCP pistol line. Hire those guys!

I meant to comment on Crosman's way to provide parts in my first response on this and forgot. I was surprised but not really displeased the one time I ordered parts for my Prod from Crosman. I wanted extra transfer ports so I could try drilling some out and still go back to the stock .080 size if I wanted. There was no way to order the parts on line but if you got the diagram and looked up the part number and then called, you got a nice representative who would give you the price (which was very reasonable) and take your order. I am not a youngster but while I did not mind this process it has to cost more than getting some kid to setup a website for you. I doubt that process will continue although I hope they continue to provide parts at a fair price.

I do not enjoy saying this but I am not sure any Chinese airgun company would be willing to pay a lot for Crosman. They are making such inroads by offering decent product at a low price that it is not clear they would gain a lot by owning Crosman. I hope that is not correct but it is how I see it. Crosman teamed up with Kral with the "Craftsman" series and while I did not buy one I think that was reasonably successful. But if they were to team up with SPA I can see that going even better. SPA does not seem to want to sell direct to consumers preferring to sell through Umarex and other airgun companies. SPA is pretty bad on parts availability. Crossman knows how to sell airguns and parts. Letting both do what they do best could work well for both IMHO.
Spa don't sell direct to you in the USA
. . You can but there stuff snowpeak branded everywhere else..lol. heck even Wes in Canada sells them ..

Ya, that craftsman series .. you removed the 400$ kral gun from our market and got the ,600$ c craftsman guns ..lol

USA all the way , right .. it's a joke

Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers
In the end no matter what product line you are in-you need passionate users of those products in the design room and not the bean counters. Come up with the innovations first and then figure out how to build it economically. They worried about costs first and then built something that didn't work and had to make last minute changes to get some of these guns to function and that added unforeseen costs causing them to do price jumps before their release. Bad vision led to bad timing. You have to know that their Prod series guns were not their innovation-the aftermarket tinkerers were making PCP's out of 2250 and 2260 guns long before Crosman came up with their PCP pistol line. Hire those guys!

Well thought and said. American made used to have meaning to me, now it far too often means, how inexpensively can something be produced while extracting maximum profit from the product. So corners are cut, as well as wages, jobs, and then you get watered down product that doesn't stand the test of time as it once did...unless you pay a serious premium

The idea of you get what you pay for is silly anymore, but people will still chant the mantra.

-Matt

Reactions: wwo2015
We meaning myself and Crosman guys were just discussing how much misinformation is running around out there.
Before you listen to somebody on YouTube or just have speculations, please ask somebody from Crosman or myself. Hell even PA customer service is spreading garbage that simply isn’t true.

We get that guys just want to talk because it’s upsetting. Totally understandable. If you have a question ask.

I’ll be making my way back up to the Bloomfield plant this Tuesday after Labor Day for maybe the last time. That is unless something pops up again out of the blue, ya never know anymore these days lol. FYI I will only discuss what I can due to NDA.
There's been so many sky is falling Crosman posts the last week or so, this was the first video content.

Most people that have made posts about had no idea that Daisy had acquired Crosman damn near 6 months ago.
Never thought I would see it pop up over here, again over a week that this has been going around on social media platforms..

More than likely the holding company will keep all the airgun related brands, for now.

But, they will also consolidate all operations into one while extracting the maximum return on their investment for their share-holders. (Selling off property and any un-desired assets, reducing or eliminating employee benefits, moving operations to lower paid states or countries, taking out as many loans as they can against the remaining assets, etc.)

Then, they will sell what remains- no profit needed as it has already been extracted.

Sadly, this is how business works today. It is not about providing the best product to the customer, it is about maximizing profit for shareholders. Your mileage may vary.