Crosman Custom Shop is discontinued

That sector of Crosman likely wasn't profitable so it gets the chopping block. Consider the sales volume required alone to profit from that shop, while gainfully employing those who run it. Was a cool unique feature but likely not practical business wise. Streamlining is how most business keep their head above water in today's economy.

Could be another explanation but that is what comes to mind for me.

-Matt

if you compared the Custom shop from before Covid and before they closed it down and the new Custom shop you would see one thing
the prices went up a lot
now the thought about the cost to do it well the normal people would be doing the work
they would get an order and the parts are pulled, put in a bin and a line worker would assemble the gun, much like pulling parts for an order
it is a guess but it would be how i would do it
now the reason that they closed it again could be a space thing but what i have read that the assembly area was be closed and a 100 of the 140 were being laid off so may something stay put, some unknowns of course

That sector of Crosman likely wasn't profitable so it gets the chopping block. Consider the sales volume required alone to profit from that shop, while gainfully employing those who run it. Was a cool unique feature but likely not practical business wise. Streamlining is how most business keep their head above water in today's economy.

Could be another explanation but that is what comes to mind for me.

-Matt
Nothing is being built in Rogers. Reason why pcp and laser max is staying in Rochester area.

Crosman hasn’t built anything outside of pcp for the last year and a half. Except for the 357 pistol and that was mainly due to the bug-a-salt account. A lot of the plant is not currently used after production halted of most guns. CO2 went away 5 years ago with bb production. That area alone was pretty large. So bottom line, too much building for what’s been happening for the last 5.

They also don’t have anybody experienced enough to take the helm of something like that down there as well. And that would be the other reason why PCP and laser max staying.

Reactions: Stubbers