Crosman new 2300T problem!

Just received my new Crosman 2300T today and after looking it over I attempted to mount the supplied rear sight. No go! They, believe it or not, supplied it with the wrong size Allen wrench:) Called Crosman and they are to send me a correct one next week. Any one else have the same bad luck? Anyway this is my second bad luck with new Crosman pistols this week. The first bad one I received this week was a new 2240XL that leaked quickly. Hopefully the replacement will be better. Charles

Just received my new Crosman 2300T today and after looking it over I attempted to mount the supplied rear sight. No go! They, believe it or not, supplied it with the wrong size Allen wrench:) Called Crosman and they are to send me a correct one next week. Any one else have the same bad luck? Anyway this is my second bad luck with new Crosman pistols this week. The first bad one I received this week was a new 2240XL that leaked quickly. Hopefully the replacement will be better. Charles
You dont have a set?🤔

The $7 set from Harbor Freight includes the teeny 0.050" hex key
In the mean time while I am waiting for the wrench I've just mounted a Leupold pistol scope to the pistol and hopefully sight it in this afternoon. If I like it I'll leave the high dollar rear sight in it's plastic bag. In any case the trigger is going to have a lot done to it to be useful. Charles

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
In the mean time while I am waiting for the wrench I've just mounted a Leupold pistol scope to the pistol and hopefully sight it in this afternoon. If I like it I'll leave the high dollar rear sight in it's plastic bag. In any case the trigger is going to have a lot done to it to be useful. Charles
Well the Leupold just didn't work out so I put a red dot on the pistol and after sighting in was able to completely kill a pop can. Today's shooting is much better than yesterday when we had high winds and my paper targets looked more like shot gun results. Also shot my new 2300S today with the great Williams sights and also killed another can. Next up is one of my Diana Airbug and maybe the Chaser. Cool out, but still a great day for slinging lead down range. Charles

Reactions: Rudolph Hucker
Not too sure which sight you bought, but my LPA MIM sight came with the elevation raised, which made it seem like the supplied allen wrench was not the right size. By lowering the elevation, the holes in the top of the sight for the set screws will line up and allow you to reach the screws to tighten them. Just a thought, in case you have the same sight and hadn't tried that yet.

Reactions: aroundlocks
Not too sure which sight you bought, but my LPA MIM sight came with the elevation raised, which made it seem like the supplied allen wrench was not the right size. By lowering the elevation, the holes in the top of the sight for the set screws will line up and allow you to reach the screws to tighten them. Just a thought, in case you have the same sight and hadn't tried that yet.

Thanks you so very much for the great suggestion! It worked! Now I can mount the sight! This is a very great place to learn from. Charles

Reactions: SteveV
Check your trigger spring adjuster on the 2300S, in my experience, they come from the factory with maximum pre-load, adjust it all the way in the other direction, super glue all the pins in the trigger group to reduce play, and polish & lube anything touching the sear -
I did adjust the trigger spring for the lightest pull, and after many shots the trigger is much better. I'll probably polish the trigger parts later as now I'm getting my new rosewood grips finished and that will help in the grip fit. Thanks for your suggestions. Charles

Reactions: SteveV
I spent about three hours shooting the Crosman 2300T and the 2300S, both with supplied sights. Couldn't miss with the 2300S, but could seldom hit with the 2300T. I really never could be sure that I had the 2300T sighted in, as it would never seem repeatable no matter what I did. If it wasn't for hitting the target with the Williams sights on the 2300S I'd say it was my eyes. Anyone else having trouble using the LPA rear sight? I'm not giving up, but open to suggestions. One thing I don't like are the white dots on the LPA sights. I'm thinking about blacking the dot out with a black marker. Charles

I did adjust the trigger spring for the lightest pull, and after many shots the trigger is much better. I'll probably polish the trigger parts later as now I'm getting my new rosewood grips finished and that will help in the grip fit. Thanks for your suggestions. Charles
I tried several things on my 22xx types. Polisihing the ronded part of the trigger where it bears agains the sear , as well as that part of the sear and where the sear engages the hammer helps. I eventually went further, got some roller triggers, and some super sears and did a couple, The super sear was relatively rough so a lot of stoning and polishing there, and with an adjustable sear spring can make for a very good trigger. I did also get some of the Crosman 1701p trigger units, and that has been the best, adjustable for a two stage pull, with a very fine let off. It does require a different hammer or modification to the standard hammer, You can I understand , fill the "wasp waist" on the standard hammer with something like JB weld and conture smooth, but I chose to get a solid hammer, no waist to it. Also get a power adjuster, removing some tension off the hammer can help as well as conserving CO2 in the CO2 cartridge.

Reactions: DRose and sekiar
I replaced the original black grips on my 2300T with my new Crosman brown grips. Now the pistol fits my hand much better and I also blacked out the white dots on the LPA rear sight and that really help in my sight picture. I also was able to sight it quickly, as yesterday I had a hard time getting a good sight picture with the bright white dots glaring back at me. Probably just my old eyes but what works, works for me:) Also mounted my new rosewood grips on my 2300S and they also fit my hand much better and solved the problem (I'm a lefty) of setting the safety off when shooting. Charles