Crosman Crosman Vantage Plus (with magazine)

Seems interesting...

The original vantage is essentially a xisico/smk/bam B19 with a gas piston.

Really curious to see if the plus is an "evolution" of this basic design, and if so, how it fares against other break barrels..
I would like to see one made in the b19 series with a spring-piston rather than the ram. Like the Optimus was.

Reactions: L4z4r0s
I would like to see one made in the b19 series with a spring-piston rather than the ram. Like the Optimus was.
Agreed. Truth be told the B19 is quite popular around here... Some friends have bought the gas ram version due to unavailability of the standard version and one of the very first things they have done to it is change out the gas piston for a coil spring.

Reactions: BABz58
Crossman Vantage Plus I watched the video's . My take was nope ! nice idea but they even tell you that you need to stop and make sure the mag and pellet are aligned correctly before every shot . A little line that has to match up with a dot on the breach . doesn't seem as quick as they make out , but for $149 list price what can you expect ?

Got mine in last week and finally got around to messing with it yesterday. It is definitely based on the B-19. I really like the ergonomics of the stock. Very comfortable to shoot. My problem with the stock is I have giant hands and my pinky hangs off the bottom of the grip. Not a deal breaker for me. I am used to that. Lol

The provided 4x32 scope & mounts work fine but I will definitely be upgrading to a better optic.

The manual indexing clip works very well. As you turn it the clip raises up a bit and as it comes back down while turning it, it locks in to the next position. I personally think that will be hard to screw up so thumbs up on that part of the clip.

When loading the clip it seems that you will have to seat the pellets a bit. I was shooting Pirahna 14.3's out of it at first and didn't have a problem. (Except for one)I switched to Norma 15.9's and had an issue. It was actually throwing the pellet out of the clip while closing the barrel. I had two dry fires in a row before I realized what was happening. I figured the loud Crack was a bit of dieseling since it is brand new. It did throw out one Pirahna on me which resulted in a third dry fire. Ouch!

So just be aware of that. I guess I will have to use something to push them in a bit. Not a big deal to me since it is a multi shot. Although this problem may limit what kind of pellets will work in it.

Accuracy at 18 yards is what you would expect from this class of rifle right out of the box. Not spectacular. Lol I didn't measure the group but probably around three inches. Keep in mind that I haven't done anything to it yet. No barrel cleaning or trigger adjustments. And I only tried two different pellets with it.

The trigger is typical of this platform. Very heavy and hard to read. I do like the skelotonized trigger blade. Down side is that it is plastic. Bear in mind the price point.

I will be completely disassembling this rifle & working my magic on the internals. (Not that there is a lot to do in there) I know there is an accurate rifle in there somewhere. I just have to find it.

I did do some chronograph work with it. I will attach a sheet for you guys to look at. Keep in mind this is the first shots & two different pellets but it will give you an idea of where it will probably be settling into for fps. I am thinking around 740-750 with a 14.3.

Overall I really like this rifle. The rough edges are easy enough to smooth out. Again, price point. I like the manual indexing clip. Gives you the multi shot function while eliminating the mechanics of other multi shot break barrels. I am glad to see Crosman coming out with some ergonomic stocks. I think this rifle will be a great squirrel killer come this fall. Happy Shooting 🔫
Screenshot_20240715_052310_Digital Link.jpg

Last edited:
Great report. I ordered one as soon as I could.. The one I got was so inaccurate that I didn't chronograph it because I was concerned I might hit the chronograph. I couldn't keep it on an 81/2X11 page at ten yards. I returned it to Crosman. I am hopeful that I will get a replacement that is OK. I like the concept including the stock which some people are not happy with.

Reactions: Big J
Got mine in last week and finally got around to messing with it yesterday. It is definitely based on the B-19. I really like the ergonomics of the stock. Very comfortable to shoot. My problem with the stock is I have giant hands and my pinky hangs off the bottom of the grip. Not a deal breaker for me. I am used to that. Lol

The provided 4x32 scope & mounts work fine but I will definitely be upgrading to a better optic.

The manual indexing clip works very well. As you turn it the clip raises up a bit and as it comes back down while turning it, it locks in to the next position. I personally think that will be hard to screw up so thumbs up on that part of the clip.

When loading the clip it seems that you will have to seat the pellets a bit. I was shooting Pirahna 14.3's out of it at first and didn't have a problem. (Except for one)I switched to Norma 15.9's and had an issue. It was actually throwing the pellet out of the clip while closing the barrel. I had two dry fires in a row before I realized what was happening. I figured the loud Crack was a bit of dieseling since it is brand new. It did throw out one Pirahna on me which resulted in a third dry fire. Ouch!

So just be aware of that. I guess I will have to use something to push them in a bit. Not a big deal to me since it is a multi shot. Although this problem may limit what kind of pellets will work in it.

Accuracy at 18 yards is what you would expect from this class of rifle right out of the box. Not spectacular. Lol I didn't measure the group but probably around three inches. Keep in mind that I haven't done anything to it yet. No barrel cleaning or trigger adjustments. And I only tried two different pellets with it.

The trigger is typical of this platform. Very heavy and hard to read. I do like the skelotonized trigger blade. Down side is that it is plastic. Bear in mind the price point.

I will be completely disassembling this rifle & working my magic on the internals. (Not that there is a lot to do in there) I know there is an accurate rifle in there somewhere. I just have to find it.

I did do some chronograph work with it. I will attach a sheet for you guys to look at. Keep in mind this is the first shots & two different pellets but it will give you an idea of where it will probably be settling into for fps. I am thinking around 740-750 with a 14.3.

Overall I really like this rifle. The rough edges are easy enough to smooth out. Again, price point. I like the manual indexing clip. Gives you the multi shot function while eliminating the mechanics of other multi shot break barrels. I am glad to see Crosman coming out with some ergonomic stocks. I think this rifle will be a great squirrel killer come this fall. Happy Shooting 🔫 View attachment 479966
I removed the stock to see what the trigger looked like. The usual roller bearing and longer screw fixes won't work here. If you see a fix, let me know. BTW I finally found the pellet it likes (RWS Super Field 5.51 -- not Superdome) and got a one hole group at 10 yards.

Reactions: Big J and BABz58
I removed the stock to see what the trigger looked like. The usual roller bearing and longer screw fixes won't work here. If you see a fix, let me know. BTW I finally found the pellet it likes (RWS Super Field 5.51 -- not Superdome) and got a one hole group at 10 yards.
Thanks for the info on the pellets. I haven't taken mine apart yet but I will let you know if I figure out something for the trigger.