Crossman 1322 rail

I just received my first pumper pistol and I want to attach a red dot to it without losing the use of the nice iron sights. I have discovered that sights can help zero in a red dot attachment.

What I need is a round barrel attachment with an offset rail. What I found instead is a round over-the-barrel Picatinny adapter that blocks the iron sights.

However to keep it from rotating on the barrel this adapter has two "legs" that rest on the lower receiver barrel. If I can just grind off one leg then the adapter should offset (rotate) in that direction, revealing the iron sights.

There is already a complaint that the adapter is too tight on the barrel so maybe it will cling enough to stay in place.

The alternative is to attach (glue or screw) a small Picatinny rail to the flat side of the pump handle, up high so that it doesn't interfere with gripping the handle.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Why don't you go to Lowes or whatever hardware, get a dowel of similar size as the barrel. Mark where the sight line and sight picture needs to be on your existing rail clamps. Clamp the sight rails you have to the dowel (cut down into small pieces) and then drill thru the middle of the clamps where you need sight picture.

Of course it's entirely possible this may not work if you have to drill thru the bolts on the clamps.

Also consider replacing plastic breech with steel one. Improve accuracy and tons of mounting options.

Screenshot_20230526_185555_Samsung Internet.jpg

Crossman 1377 are really fun and quite accurate. I took out my old one bought 14 years agi and great fun with it, i started to upgrade it with the steel breech above , upgraded walnut, and sig redot. Shooting paper targets indoor at 15 ft with a homemade rubber mulch pellet stop. Lots of fun
IMG_3858.jpeg

IMG_3857.jpeg

Why don't you go to Lowes or whatever hardware, get a dowel of similar size as the barrel. Mark where the sight line and sight picture needs to be on your existing rail clamps. Clamp the sight rails you have to the dowel (cut down into small pieces) and then drill thru the middle of the clamps where you need sight picture.

Of course it's entirely possible this may not work if you have to drill thru the bolts on the clamps.
There are no "existing rail clamps".

Crossman 1377 are really fun and quite accurate. I took out my old one bought 14 years agi and great fun with it, i started to upgrade it with the steel breech above , upgraded walnut, and sig redot. Shooting paper targets indoor at 15 ft with a homemade rubber mulch pellet stop. Lots of fun
View attachment 359663

View attachment 359664
Steel breech solution costs over $100 for SB and to replace rear sight.

With the original factory set up. The barrel is being sandwiched in between two pieces of plastic. The breach and the front sight / end cap. That to me is not a very ridged place to mount a relatively larg and off center optic. The steel breach is an excellent upgrade. You say you want iron sights to help zero the red dot ? It’s not that difficult to zero a red dot.
Here is my suggestion. Shoot the pistol for a few months with the factory sight. Then buy the steel breach (with out sight)
Shoot it with the red dot for a couple months. If after this time. You still feel you need iron sights. Buy them.
IMG-4408.jpg

IMG-6101.jpg

Reactions: Simplemann
Two good suggestions for adding railings to the barrel. I missed the Buck Rail product before.

Still no solution to preserve these nice adjustable iron sights. I am going ahead with my offset barrel band rail idea.
Also;*I use this on my Daisy buck. Different styles n such. Might be able to finagle one of these to work**they have the picatinny on it so I clamped.mine to the barrel and slapped a red dot on it.
Works great for me. Hopefully helps ya🎩🤙

Screenshot_20230527_144223_Chrome.jpg

I thought about getting one of these for my 1322 you have to remove the roll pin and front sight to installed it. I instead opted to 3D print one I found on Thingiverse Fits the barrel pretty tight and uses the clamping power of the red dot to hold it tight. I think it's a bit too long and the legs that rest on the lower cylinder are to big in diameter. Just put it on tonight so it needs more testing before I can say how well it works.