Crossman Classic 1377 - worth repairing??

A neighbor gave me a crossman classic 1377 .177 to possibly repair. On pumping it had no resistance so I took it apart and immediately noticed the rubber cup was defective. I ordered a new rubber cup but did not think the valve was worth ordering. Yep the cup allowed pressure to be generated but I can hear it leak out of the"valve assembly" (?). The safety is broken ie the plastic push pin and a few screws heads look messed up a bit ie this is not a pristine gun but no rust . Serial number starts 882 so looks like a 40 year old gun in pretty good shape.
1 do you think it is the valve now causing no pressure or should I look for a leak elsewhere? There is pressure when I pump but maybe it is leaking around the cup or elsewhere? Maybe an oring if so which one. ?? How does a defective valve act?

2 Amazon sells new 1377 for $50. Is this worth refurbishing . Valves on ebay are $20 , new safety etc. Maybe more than the gun is worth?

3 best place to buy parts? or how much do the service centers cost to repair one of these. Worth a repair.?? I have lots of orings, I can do repairs most likely. Thoughts??? thanks

• Wow
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
A neighbor gave me a crossman classic 1377 .177 to possibly repair. On pumping it had no resistance so I took it apart and immediately noticed the rubber cup was defective. I ordered a new rubber cup but did not think the valve was worth ordering. Yep the cup allowed pressure to be generated but I can hear it leak out of the"valve assembly" (?). The safety is broken ie the plastic push pin and a few screws heads look messed up a bit ie this is not a pristine gun but no rust . Serial number starts 882 so looks like a 40 year old gun in pretty good shape.
1 do you think it is the valve now causing no pressure or should I look for a leak elsewhere? There is pressure when I pump but maybe it is leaking around the cup or elsewhere? Maybe an oring if so which one. ?? How does a defective valve act?

2 Amazon sells new 1377 for $50. Is this worth refurbishing . Valves on ebay are $20 , new safety etc. Maybe more than the gun is worth?

3 best place to buy parts? or how much do the service centers cost to repair one of these. Worth a repair.?? I have lots of orings, I can do repairs most likely. Thoughts??? thanks
Is that gun mostly all steel?

I bought mine new in 1986. Works as good today as when new. Never been apart.
Buy the parts directly from Crosman. Very inexpensive.

711C4BB4-A8FA-4D1B-A97E-A28041B4CFBD.jpeg

Follow up to all who helped and thanks. The airgun looks exactly like the photo posted above. Plastic breech but metal sliding breech. After watching a few u tube vids I thought maybe the o ring around the valve was leaking. Took about 45 minutes to disassemble . It has a brass valve which came apart easily so I opened it up and cleaned out lots of oil. I put a new o ring on the outside and the o ring between the valve halves I tried to replace but it was a wierd flat style? and my harbor freight oring kits did not have a good match. I put it back together and IT WORKS. The problem may have been the outside o ring on the valve or such a dirty valve the plug didnt seat. I will try to chono it tomorrow. It appears my chronograph doesnt work with led lights ? Then I have to return it to my neighbor after telling him it was not worth fixing earier today. Oh well. Fun project and they are $50 on amazon so maybe I will have to buy one.

• Love
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Follow up to all who helped and thanks. The airgun looks exactly like the photo posted above. Plastic breech but metal sliding breech. After watching a few u tube vids I thought maybe the o ring around the valve was leaking. Took about 45 minutes to disassemble . It has a brass valve which came apart easily so I opened it up and cleaned out lots of oil. I put a new o ring on the outside and the o ring between the valve halves I tried to replace but it was a wierd flat style? and my harbor freight oring kits did not have a good match. I put it back together and IT WORKS. The problem may have been the outside o ring on the valve or such a dirty valve the plug didnt seat. I will try to chono it tomorrow. It appears my chronograph doesnt work with led lights ? Then I have to return it to my neighbor after telling him it was not worth fixing earier today. Oh well. Fun project and they are $50 on amazon so maybe I will have to buy one.
He gave it to you, that's on you to give it back. Nice chap lol... it would be staying with me!