Custom stock- after first oil treatment

When a stock is ready for the final treatment, it is always exiting for the maker to observe how the oil deepens the wood structure.
Not always the result one had hoped for, but sometimes it’s just a pleasure.

FB6E47F3-FFA0-4DE3-BD65-F9B4CCBD6AD8.jpeg

681F7AED-5957-46C2-86BF-D814AD636D46.jpeg

I forgot your in Norway. We can’t get that here. I make my own blends.
Well, this is only one of the oil variant i use. There are a lot on the market as you know, but Junkers give this fine (not too shiny) satin finish that I`m looking for.
Another mix I use for my knife shafts are 50% linea oil, 25% Benar and 25% american terpentine. I let the shaft sink into the oil mixture completely. After 24 hours it is wipe off, and hardening for the next 24 hours. Probably this is one of your blends to AGR, or a mix in the neighborhood of what you use?

Reactions: crowski
I forgot your in Norway. We can’t get that here. I make my own blends.
I looked this product up. It seems that they have a US web page.

Reactions: Gunnertrones
Well, this is only one of the oil variant i use. There are a lot on the market as you know, but Junkers give this fine (not too shiny) satin finish that I`m looking for.
Another mix I use for my knife shafts are 50% linea oil, 25% Benar and 25% american terpentine. I let the shaft sink into the oil mixture completely. After 24 hours it is wipe off, and hardening for the next 24 hours. Probably this is one of your blends to AGR, or a mix in the neighborhood of what you use?

Wow, I've had girlfriends that didn't look that good. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Smitty

• Haha
Reactions: Gunnertrones