• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Custom Target for Practice

We want to know more!
This is fabulous. I remember seeing a similar individual target a while back. So many possibilities. There was an electronic target for powder burners a few years ago. The lights were on stakes several feet away.
How are the triggers set up?
Can the duration of the light be adjusted for more rapid fire?
What parts are needed?
How low/high power will it work with?
Are you going to sell these?
Cost to make or price if for sale?

Reactions: AimenStraight
the triggers are limit switches that get activated by the plate that was just shot. All the parts came off of Amazon, a couple of timing relays, lights, and enclosure. All of the steel were scraps I had laying around from years of owning an engineering and fabrication company. I'm an FFL and build a few long range hunting rifles every year as a retirement job. Years ago, I built a target just like it for my friend's 2000 yd range and set it at a mile. I just started shooting it the other day, It should handle 35FPE and will give it a test. It measures 11"x23" and weighs around 15#.

Reactions: JohnTaylor
image0-7.jpeg

could you post a component list from Amazon. This is a neat Idea
A made a unit called the range Rover. It is a remote control Target that goes from the firing line out the 55 yd. You can run it out with a remote and bring it back in with a remote. You hook a tape to it that tells you what distance you're shooting. I think your target would go great on top of that because you would have all the shooting distances

Reactions: cavedweller