Diana D75 front sight dovetail

the front globe sight for the Diana 75 TO1 should be the same as he Diana today, FWB 150-300, Kimber 82 .22LR and Walther
as for Weihrauch not sure
I need to know what dovetail profile is a better match to the D75, Walther or older Anshutz, both have 9mm dovetails. I'm buying an adapter overseas and want to get it right.

The Diana front dovetail should be a 60° dovetail, like most others are.
The Walther front dovetail is a 70° dovetail.

1000000957.png

This download below is the Walther machine drawing, and it has not changed as of the present.

If the early Anschutz is a 60° 9mm dovetail, it should be a better fit on the Diana dovetail.

Last edited:
The Diana front dovetail should be a 60° dovetail, like most others are.
The Walther front dovetail is a 70° dovetail.

View attachment 488054

This download below is the Walther machine drawing, and it has not changed as of the present.

If the early Anschutz is a 60° 9mm dovetail, it should be a better fit on the Diana dovetail.
Thank-you Chuck. Think I'm going to take a chance on the Anschutz and hope it fits.

Chuck, that's great info - thanks! Walther seems to have made an effort to keep other brands of sights from fitting their guns; odd front dovetail angle and rear grooves just wide enuff to keep an 11mm Anschutz sight from fitting!

Again, I don't own a D75, but I've stuck an old Anschutz tunnel front on other Dianas (and Weihrauchs) many times. They fit fine and center up with no issues - pic is an HW 55:
IMG_2101.jpeg

The sliding "foot" on these sights, per my old drafting traingle, is indeed 60 degrees:
IMG_5461.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Chuck-in-Ohio
Chuck, that's great info - thanks! Walther seems to have made an effort to keep other brands of sights from fitting their guns; odd front dovetail angle and rear grooves just wide enuff to keep an 11mm Anschutz sight from fitting!

Again, I don't own a D75, but I've stuck an old Anschutz tunnel front on other Dianas (and Weihrauchs) many times. They fit fine and center up with no issues - pic is an HW 55:
View attachment 488356

The sliding "foot" on these sights, per my old drafting traingle, is indeed 60 degrees:
View attachment 488352
Correct Mike, Walther displays a focus on proprietary fitment of their sighting systems. Perhaps they are just obstinant and prefer to remain to be different from the other major manufacturers?
Pursuing and acquiring weird sighting systems is old hat to many of us, but Walther collecting adds a new wrinkle to the weirdness!

Last edited: