Daisy Daisy 717 Bolt

My new rtf me 717 was manufactured July 1979 I believe and the bolt does not have an o-ring nor does it look like that it should have an o-ring, no grove to hold it. Did the early ones not have the o-ring on the bolt or mine missing? The picture was cropped to so the bolt better, in real life it's not as rough as it appears in the picture.

tempImageRzNL4N.jpg

put a new bolt on your shopping list but before you do that see what else it might need JG airguns has them don't forget the Oring
and the gun will have to come apart to wiggle the old out and the new in and a little grease will make it work better
now you can call Daisy also
the part number is 153421-K00
probe with o-ring
when you take the guns apart to separate the clam shell you must be careful about the safety spring and ball
once you push it to the left to far those two small parts are gone so be aware
if the gun is in need of paint well strip it down and use some semi or flat black on the clam shells
the tube is brass and the outside slot edges are as sharp as a knife and paint doesn't cover on 90 degree edges well
i could go on but i will not

Last edited:
The new style bolt with the o-ring showed up from JG Airguns today. I installed it and it made a world of difference in the 717. The best average crony I had gotten using 7.8gr pellets was 344 today I got 381 average. All the strange little quirks the pistol had seemed to be gone. I can definitely see why the o-ringless bolt was short lived and only used in the 1st year of manufacture