N/A Daisy 717 question

okay well i don't know than
the silver V is up against the bolt and the bolt hold it forward and is under a small amount of spring tension
and a new bolt that might be your fix
thumbnail_IMG_3976.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3977.jpg

It stopped doing it today. I did oil it yesterday, and it was still doing it, but it has stopped for now. I ran 5 shots through the chrono, and they were all above 380 with the first being just over 390 fps. I may take a center punch and make a couple of divots in the bolt where it won't be noticed. That might provide some friction to stay in place.

Last edited:
power level is great, the bolt is behaving just shoot it
in the future buy a new bolt and or any parts that could be use in the future
the parts are drying up and take care of the rear sight there are no more
Yes, I tried purchasing one on ebay last year. Turned out the seller had used a picture of a good one and sent one with a broken rear sight. I quickly contested it and he paid for shipping back plus my refund. If you an find a 777 it has a metal sight, one of the best I have seen. I had purchased several using ebay with no problems, 777, 747 and one 717. Built up a series for myself here in Texas and my son & grandson in Ms so we would have enough to have some matches in either place. Stripped all down, new seals, orings, and valves throughout, and adjusted.