Daisy powerline 44 8 inch barrel

The Daisy Model 44 was made from 1987-1988 and then again from 1991-1999 a four inch six and 8 inch version were produced. and a kit with all three, interchangeable with a simple key method.
The #144 was made from 1989 to 1990 and was chrome plated. Based on the Smith & Wesson 44 Magnum Revolver this pistol uses a standard 12 gram CO2 bulb as its power source the pellets are loaded into the six -shot swing out cylinder. It has a rifled barrel and is a single or double action revolver. Known to be both accurate and powerful by co2 standard. he pistol here averaged 464fps. The one with the six in barrel averaged 423fps

Last edited:
Professor,

Thanks for this video of one very realistic replica. Don't know how you got the Dirty Harry picture on the screen, but it's a nice touch. The Daisy Model 44 is a powerful, accurate pistol with remarkable resemblance to the real thing. I'd like to see the chrome version or the three-barrel option package, how cool would that be? Thanks, as always, for the close-ups and operational instructions. You're lucky to have the three mags, just like speed loaders. Thanks again for all your efforts in keeping our airgun history alive, WM

I am curious about this model, I have the Umarex M29 6" which is more 'realistic' but not that powerful, and the Umarex 586 with an 8" barrel which has a good amount of poke, but would I gain anything by getting the Powerline 44? There is a three barrel set for sale I keep looking at...

Online pictures and videos are the only things I can only go by for what it is like. Does anyone have any thoughts on ownership, comparisons with the more modern co2 revolvers, weight, quality of construction etc?

The vintage part of it gets my interest, (I have a S&W 78G which will have to be prized from my cold, dead hands) but the cast lettering on the barrel is a bit off-putting. :confused:

Am I just too shallow? :rolleyes:

I don't believe the set for sale over here is the genuine article; the box lid states it is a six inch model, the polystyrene inside has got a recess for one additional barrel, but the third barrel is wedged into a recess that looks like it is intended for something else.

There do not appear to be any pictures of the three barrel set online, there are pictures of six and eight inch sets in very nice fitted cases though. Does anyone know how the real three barrel set was packaged/presented?

@Septicdeath - this is all your fault... ;)

20230822_170435.jpg

Hopefully it will arrive on Friday, I will then have a 'technology time line' of modern replica revolvers:

Crosman 38T, Daisy Powerline 44, Gamo R77, Umarex S&W 586, Dan Wesson 715 and Umarex M29.

(I don't do Western style revolvers).

I have one and it's been used hard. I dropped it on the basement floor concrete and cracked the hammer spur off, but JB Weld has been holding it together. The cylinders have trouble keeping time so I keep a cleaning rod nearby when shooting. Mine came in a clamshell package IIRC, and the 4 and 8 inch barrels were mail order accessories. I still have new in package spare cylinders I bought on clearance for $.99 I the late '80s. My son loves shooting it now. This was built well.

Reactions: Modski66
@Septicdeath - this is all your fault... ;)

View attachment 382713
Hopefully it will arrive on Friday, I will then have a 'technology time line' of modern replica revolvers:

Crosman 38T, Daisy Powerline 44, Gamo R77, Umarex S&W 586, Dan Wesson 715 and Umarex M29.

(I don't do Western style revolvers).
Sorry I didn't mean to be a bad influence.

• Haha
I am not sure if I like it, but I bet that is a hoot to shoot!
Doubt if that model ever made it over this side of the pond, but you never know. There are some interesting things that turn up at the airgun collectors fayre in Melbourne (the original one in Derbyshire, not that Aussie copy) next one is in October, so not long to wait. 😁

Reactions: Septicdeath
I don't believe the set for sale over here is the genuine article; the box lid states it is a six inch model, the polystyrene inside has got a recess for one additional barrel, but the third barrel is wedged into a recess that looks like it is intended for something else.

There do not appear to be any pictures of the three barrel set online, there are pictures of six and eight inch sets in very nice fitted cases though. Does anyone know how the real three barrel set was packaged/presented?
This is how my three barrel set came to me. The 4" barrel was stowed next to the CO2 box.

IMG_20201212_103057095.jpg

Nicely done video, with clear, well-paced narration. I had no idea that Daisy used to make replicas of S&W revolvers. I saw an ad for another replica of the 686 in 6” but it only shot BBs. If there’d been one that shot pellets, I would have ordered it. I have the “real thing” and it’d be nice to get the pellet version for practice at home, even without the recoil factor.