Damn Tactacam...does not have 240fps in 720

I was close to getting the Triggercam, supposed to have better glass then the Tactacam but for the price I went with the Tactacam Solo Xtreme because it was supposed to have 240fps in 720 , I could live with slightly less clarity. Thought I was having issues with updating the hardware because it didn't give an option on the app to select 240 fps in 720.

Turns out slo mo maxes out at 120fps ...took about 12 emails and 3 phone calls before they said it doesn't have 240 fps in 720 although it clearly says in the instruction manual it does...epic fail.

Spoke with 3 tech support people and no one knew poop...how the **** can you be hired for tech support and not learn your product or at least be able to find an answer quickly. For ****s sake they only have like 8 products.

Check out their manual, I attached the page with the specs on the tactacam solo xtreme

View attachment 477066

Tactacam solo xtreme specs.png

Reactions: Ezana4CE

Take a look at this video around the 1:09 mark. Shot through a Tactacam FTS and slowed down with Clipchamp video editor. Thought I missed that one until I saw the footage in s-l-o-w m-o.

Reactions: ZekeZX10
Let me tell you one thing for certain, your instincts are spot on, as the resolution loss is ABSOLUTELY WORTH 240fps!!! This is from my ATN X-Sight 5 5-25x LRF in 720p 240fps mode slowed down to 480fps in the video edit.

That is awesome!
I am trying to find a mount for my Brave 8 cam...records in 480 fps. Trying to get an answer from Eagle Cam to see if it works with theirs...I recorded this with it turned out pretty cool. https://www.airgunnation.com/thread...point-62gn-900fps-made-on-thor-press.1313565/

• Love
Reactions: N2 Shooter

Take a look at this video around the 1:09 mark. Shot through a Tactacam FTS and slowed down with Clipchamp video editor. Thought I missed that one until I saw the footage in s-l-o-w m-o.
Looks like you're out here in Arizona, I live middle of nowhere in Kearny, AZ

Yeah, New Mexico is pretty similar to AZ. I am right off the Rio Grande, 30 miles from El Paso.

My point was that you can slow down video by using an external editor (free). Keep your high definition and stitch several clips together while cutting out the annoying dead space before and after the action. Then add in comments and transitions and edit out the horrible sound of the valve and spring.

Yeah, New Mexico is pretty similar to AZ. I am right off the Rio Grande, 30 miles from El Paso.

My point was that you can slow down video by using an external editor (free). Keep your high definition and stitch several clips together while cutting out the annoying dead space before and after the action. Then add in comments and transitions and edit out the horrible sound of the valve and spring.
Yeah I've done that for a few videos in the headshot thread and a couple videos in the vitals thread but the 240 is just so smooth you can actually see the pellet / slug so clearly but thanks!

Been using Tactacam about 4 years. 120fps has not been a problem. I have MANY videos where projectile is EASILY visible after slowing down in simple, free, editing program. That was the whole point for me. I wanted a diagnostic tool & wasn't looking for perfectly produced videos.
Well you can see from the video above you can't see the 30 caliber slug going 960 fps....in a few vids if the light is just right I can see it. I've done about a dozen head shot vids and haven't seen the slug yet. How slow are you shooting your pellet/slugs at

Been using Tactacam about 4 years. 120fps has not been a problem. I have MANY videos where projectile is EASILY visible after slowing down in simple, free, editing program. That was the whole point for me. I wanted a diagnostic tool & wasn't looking for perfectly produced videos.
Here's another vid...if you can see the slug I'll give you a dollar. Slowed it down as much as possible in video editor...and then watching the video I slowed it down again to 50% and still can't see the slug

Can't see it in this one either...rabbit at 60 yards ....your 120fps tactacam must be better than my 120fps Solo Xtreme tactacam. Think we're missing the point here. They put in their manual that it records at 240 fps and it doesn't. If you're happy with it that's great for you. I am just baffled they put out a manual for a product that put in the specs something that isn't accurate. I personally want the 240 fps because it's just better for slo mo

Last edited:
Can't see it in this one either...rabbit at 60 yards ....your 120fps tactacam must be better than my 120fps Solo Xtreme tactacam. Think we're missing the point here. They put in their manual that it records at 240 fps and it doesn't. If you're happy with it that's great for you. I am just baffled they put out a manual for a product that put in the specs something that isn't accurate. I personally want the 240 fps because it's just better for slo mo

From the beginning I was told to get the Tactacam 5.0. Never tried the "Solo" but have heard complaints about them. Here, check this out.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZekeZX10
From the beginning I was told to get the Tactacam 5.0. Never tried the "Solo" but have heard complaints about them. Here, check this out.

Nice video, still looks like you recorded in 120 fps. I just watched a video on the 5.0 and it does look like the 5.0 can record in 240 fps...the newer solo xtreme said it can but actually can't. See if this 240 fps option is actually available on yours if you could and let me know. It's the last option on the bottom of the "Set Video Resolution"
If it can record in 240 fps I might have to upgrade.

Tactacam 5.png