Dayatate Delta Wolf .30

Hey guys, today was like Christmas morning getting to wake up and head out to the range with the New Delta Wolf I received last night from Airguns of Arizona. This was a rifle that I have been excited about since last ShotShow in Vegas where I first laid eyes on it. This will be a rifle that I plan to do a very thorough and critical review of considering how long we have all waited as well as the hefty price tag. Today I really just wanted to get a scope on the gun, site it in and get some idea of the accuracy and range of power using different pellets. Starting out I was using the 44gr JSB's shooting 905 and getting roughly 60 shots with a 250 bar fill, not bad at all for 480cc of air. I shot quite a few groups and decided to adjust the gun to shoot the 50gr JSB's at 900 fps putting out a whopping 90 fpe, mind you the gun can go way more with a loss in shot count obviously. The first thing I noticed was how effortless the gun cocks, friggin fantastic. Unlocking the gun to make adjustments is about as simple as can be, this was one thing I was worried about. I have a bipod extension that I know will help shrink groups as having it far back tends to allow the muzzle to jump. The quality of this gun is definitely top notch and I'm very excited to be able to put together a review over the next few weeks. Here are some pics along with the first look of the gun in action.

snapshot185.1612756079.png

snapshot184.1612756095.png

snapshot188.1612756110.png

snapshot189.1612756121.png

https://youtu.be/RBUKcoQ24uA

Looking forward to your "In the field" review. Looks like an alternative in higher quality than an Impact. I would have had an Impact a long time ago if it wasn't plagued with problems and it's not only from the beginning. Sad to say that the problems still persist.

Besides similar ergonomics this has nothing in common with the Impact inside or out.

Congratulations. Looks fantastic. And thanks for taking the time to show it to us. We all keen to consume news and photos of this new beast of an air rifle. Will have to make a plan to get one, once they get to my country. 

Not so sure it will end the Impact’s run or hype as was pointed out though. Near on $1000 more let alone the % increase over the Impact still makes and will continue to make the Impact a fantastic buy. Price to performance has made the Impact such a great product. What I’m pretty sure about though is that the DW will be as successful. That’s what happened with the Redwolf too, still one of the most beautiful air rifles I have ever seen. And it didn’t make the FX Crown any less of a success for similar reasons. 

I’m glad that there are a few manufacturers out there who keep bringing out high quality new models which can shoot slugs accurately over long distances. It’s much needed fuel for my passion, possibly obsession. 

Looking forward to your "In the field" review. Looks like an alternative in higher quality than an Impact. I would have had an Impact a long time ago if it wasn't plagued with problems and it's not only from the beginning. Sad to say that the problems still persist.

Besides similar ergonomics this has nothing in common with the Impact inside or out.

Yes, I know. To me, it still looks like an Impact but so does the Priest/Prophet, SK19, Maverick, and others. When Daystate came up with the design, I can pretty much say 100% that they designed it to compete against the Impact. I think we all know that. Just my observations. 

You try this air gun and you’ll forget everything about the impact. Trust me.

When I get my DW I hope it does what my Impact has been doing for a few months now and that is Sub MOA at a 100m with slugs. In fact, I really hope it will be better but I will never forget groups like those below that have been the rule and not the exception, once I had put in the time and focus to get the tune right. 

I have been testing the consistency of the tune by shooting a 4 shot group every morning before the day starts for 4 days in a row last week, to simulate hunting that I do. Every single group was sub moa, from the first shot. No matter how great my DW will be, what I felt when my first dedicated slug gun did that, will live in my memory forever. 

48C66667-A4E0-435C-9DD0-2203ACFB4083.1612793441.jpeg

5137448C-ACF8-42AF-9D03-D6A1B8CA4947.1612793838.jpeg

Aiming point was the shot above the group.

10 shot group in fairly strong wind later on, on one of those days.

AFAB1D44-E2F1-40FA-A5A0-E13C5579F1B0.1612794149.jpeg

Can’t wait for the first reports on how the DW shoots slugs from those lucky enough to own a one already. 

I agree, not more accurate than most high end guns. It also was not what I was trying to explain and I was not trying to prove that the Impacts are better. Not at all.

What I was doing was responding to the following quote: 

You try this air gun and you’ll forget everything about the impact. Trust me." 

by saying I will never forget my Impact, in that it was my first dedicated slug gun, that shot at this level with slugs.

I sincerely hope my next air rifle purchases will perform better, from both FX and Daystate. In my first post I was giving my view on performance at certain price points, again not that Impacts better. I do not subscribe to one brand blindly and have owned top end rifles from most of the top end manufacturers. 

Very nice first look, Dana !

You're going to enjoy this test.... hope you have lots of air... hard to stop, once you start.

To the question of failing parts... based on my work with the Red Wolf, the only wear part on that rifle is the valve stem oring. It's usually good for thousands of shots but depending on how high you push the power, can degrade over a long time. No other parts will wear. The DW has a different valve but still not any real wear points. The precision has been very high on the machining and I haven't dealt with leaks at all. It doesn't have a reg but the Delta Wolf uses a Huma, which has been very good. The mechanical parts on the DW are pretty low stress and high quality materials, so I don't see a possibility of problems there. The electronics have been proven. The batteries are the same as the RW but because of the way things are done, will need to be charged more frequently. They are pretty inexpensive as well and easy to access to change out if power runs low in a comp or hunt. The barrel is reasonably stout and well supported. Most of the screws you will access much are the same size wrench. 

Barring customer abuse, I personally can't forsee any failure points.

One thing Dana may not see is the personal device bluetooth app. Factory just gave us a peek and from what was shown, will encompass about everything you can think of to control your rifle and collect stats.... from your phone or tablet!! It looks AWESOME !! I'm really looking forward to that !!

I'm glad they are finally getting into others hands !!!

Bob

You don't think so? Completely forgetting about the ergonomics, it's competing in every important way with the Impact. Both are designed to allow a high range of flexibility for the shooter to tune the gun, and both allow for switching between calibers. They may accomplish them in different ways, but the ability to do so is the direct competition.