Daystate Daystate has just moved up to #1 in my book

I have been having fun with the cooler weather the last few days here in Oklahoma City and been sitting out on the back porch, with my Starling deeks spread out over the yard and shooting my .177 Daystate Mk4. I am shooting on Power 2 and this thing is like shooting a laser beam. The trigger is so good it is fast becoming my favorite back yard rifle. I also own an Airwolf .22 with that same great trigger and deadly accuracy, shot after shot. The bolt action is so smooth and the Rowan single shot loader makes this type of shooting a pleasure. The Minelli wood stocks on these rifles is a work of art. The two rifles are at the top of my list of backyard friendly rifles. Silent but deadly. Starlings don't have a chance. BTW, I think everyone should have at least one electronic Daystate in their collection. I found both of these rifles right here in our classifieds and though they are older rifles with the MCT technology, they are all you need to have a blast sniping those Starlings.

Last edited:
I have been having fun with the cooler weather the last few days here in Oklahoma City and been sitting out on the back porch, with my Starling deeks spread out over the yard and shooting my .177 Daystate Mk4. I am shooting on Power 2 and this thing is like shooting a laser beam. The trigger is so good it is fast becoming my favorite back yard rifle. I also own an Airwolf .22 with that same great trigger and deadly accuracy, shot after shot. The bolt action is so smooth and the Rowan single shot loader makes this type of shooting a pleasure. The Minelli wood stocks on these rifles is a work of art. The two rifles are at the top of my list of backyard friendly rifles. Silent but deadly. Starlings don't have a chance. BTW, I think everyone should have at least one electronic Daystate in their collection. I found both of these rifles right here in our classifieds and though they are older rifles with the MCT technology, they are all you need to have a blast sniping those Starlings.

Hey man! I hope you are well. Have you considered shooting Field Target? You may already and I don’t know your username but we have a big airgun group in Oklahoma shooting a bunch of different disciplines. If you want more info just let me know.

Reactions: orangeokie
Red Wolf owner here. I will be keeping this rifle for life :)
Glad to hear th his! I'm returning a gun I thought I'd enjoy and was sold on a RedWolf during the phone call with the retailer. Can hardly wait to get it. It happened because (seems like) most .25 rifles are just .22 guns with the barrel swapped out. Anemic is a great description for them.

Glad to hear th his! I'm returning a gun I thought I'd enjoy and was sold on a RedWolf during the phone call with the retailer. Can hardly wait to get it. It happened because (seems like) most .25 rifles are just .22 guns with the barrel swapped out. Anemic is a great description for them.
There's a few tricks to get some more out of them 30 cal when you get to the bigger stuff is when the valve starts running our of steam I would seriously recommend a heliboard right off the bat

Reactions: Rizz01
When the Daystate Pulsar came out with the special release stock and high power .177 i bought one . truly a wonderful ,extremely accurate !
BTW i have never taken it out of low power, does everything i want and more , tremendous FT gun .
Stan in KY .

As far as general air rifles go Daystate is the best. I use the word general as there are air rifles that are built for a specific purpose that may be better like a 10M air rifle (of course Daystate doesn’t make a 10M rifle so maybe a bad example). As far a quality, fit, finish, style, and accuracy over their whole product range you really can’t beat a Daystate. You pay for it. You are correct that a used older Daystate is still a great rifle and probably better than anything you can buy new.

10-12 years ago had wished to one day own a Daystate or two. Closest we got as a starter was a clone being the BAM 50 which was a very good copy of the early mechanical "Huntsman" series. Still have 2 of them to this day. ( 1 in .177 and my original now being a .25 cal conversion )
Next was an Electro MK-3 in .20 cal and shot it competitively in FT for @ 3 years. Tho ultimately sold it to an aspiring FT club member.
Then another Electro Airwolf in .177 fell into my lap on the cheap, converted it to .20 cal and still have it to this day.
Couple years ago when my FT partner passed away inherited 2 more Daystates, an Airwolf .22 and Redwolf .22
The Airwolf was sold right away and Redwolf gifted to my son last Christmas.

So all said, owned 4 authentic Daystates only having the one to this day along with 2 clones.

* There are many reasons I acquired, shot, fiddled with tuning etc and ultimately sold them. Not a quality thing, but that of shot count and power potential due to the internal specification limitations. Found other manufacturers guns that did equally well across the spectrum and fill the nitch/s better than the Daystates sold. :unsure:

Last edited:

I borrowed my friend's Airwolf for Starling control but it is the electronic version and would go to sleep while I waited for a shot. Starlings do not stay in one place long so I missed a few cycling the probe to wake up the gun.

I borrowed my friend's Airwolf for Starling control but it is the electronic version and would go to sleep while I waited for a shot. Starlings do not stay in one place long so I missed a few cycling the probe to wake up the gun.
Something is wrong. When I flip on the switch, the red light comes on and it does not go to sleep.