Daystate Huntsman, enable me

A month ago, I got my first PCP, and now I can't stop myself from looking for my next one :oops: Is this common??!! I decided I was at the time in my life that I could get exactly what I wanted, and not worry (too much) about cost, so I went strait to a high-end PCP - FX Maverick compact in .25. Holy Cow! It's a shooter, and hits really hard! Tony at TalonTunes was an absolute pleasure to work with, and made the experience fantastic! Can't say enough about him! And, I have absolutely nothing but good things to say about the Maverick!

But, lately I find myself searching for my next gun - this wasn't supposed to happen - My justification is (after reading some scary threads about FX), if my current gun goes down, I need another reliable gun while it's getting repaired. So "reliable" is high on my list (although, I guess redundancy = reliability)

Most people seem to think the Eastern European guns are reliable. So, I've been looking at Tiapan, Edgun, AGT, Kaliber, etc... I find myself drawn to "the most power in the smallest package" which ends up being another Bullpup. They are very tempting, but do I need another gun so similar to my first?

Also, I've always been drawn and love the looks of classic lines like AA S510 Ultimate Sporter, FX Dreamline Classic, Daystate Huntsman. But, most "classic" rifles are just too bulky and long for my taste. Except for the Daystate Huntsman. To me, it is absolutely gorgeous, and from what I've read it's light and handy - the perfect hunter/shooter. The "safari" really has all the elements for me - cheek riser and ambi (my son is a lefty) - not sure about the raised grain finish, though. I've not seen either finish in person, so I really don't know. Is the Daystate considered to be as reliable as the Eastern European guns?

I guess I have a third option... stop looking for a second gun and just enjoy and shoot the one I got! That's what my practical-side tells me.

I'm hovering over the "Add to Cart" button for Daystate Huntsman Safari - tell me why I shouldn't do it 😍
Been there, done that many times. The Daystate Revere is a beautiful, lightweight accurate rifle that is fairly simple and reliable. I prefer the walnut myself, but to each his own. Then what caliber do you want? Also, consider a RAW. Well made accurate rifles that are way more simple to repair than FXs. Actually, they all have their charm.

would a huntman work for field target completion in hunter class my is in 177 and 12lb?
Yes, it would, but do you want to be competitive? Look at the FT match results and see what the top shooters are using. There are Hunstman and Reveres there, but not at the top of the list. They are accurate and capapble of winning if you have the desire and the patience to practice and compete. If your really have the hots for this game, then the top shooters are using Thomas, RAW, Daystate Red Wolfs, FX Crowns and such.

i have many rifles and ALWAYS want a Huntsman . Seems a bit of glitter of some sort gets in my eyes and blocks my sight and always when my sight clears ,there is the Huntsman .. , so finally i am looking for one .

P,S. there is one on the Classifieds right now . (i am not interested , looking for an older one with a Bolt .)

Last edited:
i have many rifles and ALWAYS want a Huntsman . Seems a bit of glitter of some sort gets in my eyes and blocks my sight and always when my sight clears ,there is the Huntsman .. , so finally i am looking for one .

P,S. there is one on the Classifieds right now . (i am not interested , looking for an older one with a Bolt .)
Have you had a chance to shoot one with a bolt? I'm on my second one, both bolt actions. Not a deal breaker but the bolt takes a little bit a tug. I've polished every moving part that I could and started using a Carm self-indexing magazine to eliminate the cocking linkage. Between the polishing/lubing and the mag it's quite a bit easier to work the bolt. I've really enjoyed both of mine but that's the only thing that would have me try a Revere next time around. From what I've seen on the videos it looks effortless as most side leavers do. Granted, the bolt, I believe looks nicer.

Reactions: beerthief
Have you had a chance to shoot one with a bolt? I'm on my second one, both bolt actions. Not a deal breaker but the bolt takes a little bit a tug. I've polished every moving part that I could and started using a Carm self-indexing magazine to eliminate the cocking linkage. Between the polishing/lubing and the mag it's quite a bit easier to work the bolt. I've really enjoyed both of mine but that's the only thing that would have me try a Revere next time around. From what I've seen on the videos it looks effortless as most side leavers do. Granted, the bolt, I believe looks nicer.
long ago i got to shoot one, Bolt worked ok as it had a single shot tray which is how i would do when i get one
Thanks for the reply .

Reactions: orangeokie

There was a bolt action huntsman on airguns of Arizona a few days ago, unfortunately, it’s gone. But, I would check there occasionally. Whenever they’re listed, they don’t last long.

Reactions: beerthief