Daystate Huntsman Regal HR .22 Full field review/Hunt

Hey guys, last week I posted my written adventure with the Daystate Huntsman and am happy to share the review in video form. Marley and I spent several days filming this review in temperatures up over 105 degrees, pretty brutal. The first day spent was doing some shooting at various ranges and getting some practice in before two days of hunting. The next two days we hunted some Ground Squirrels, Cottontails and Jackrabbits in some very rugged terrain. The Huntsman is no doubt one badass little hunting rifle, I love the classic look and feel of it. Hope some may enjoy the video and learn a little more about this neat little rifle.

https://youtu.be/RQQW_8Igsgo

Dana

Enjoyed the video and the hunt.

I was very impressed with that 100 yard squirrel shot with the Huntsman. I bought mine from AoA in March 2018 and had Motörhead tune and add a Huma a few months ago. Mine is a .22 and shoots The JSB 15.89 at 850 FPS and the 18.1 at 805 FPS. I added a Sumo DF LDC, and it is really quiet with that moderator. A bit longer with the Sumo, but the trade off for me in my backyard is worth it.

I actually use for both pest control and it regularly shoots 1/2” average groups off the bench at 50 yards. As most other Regal users might say, I would love to see Daystate add a side lever ( option) action for this gun.

Great review and offhand shooting as well!

It was nice to meet both you and that silly little Marley.

The Regal is my go-to suggestion for a handy traditional style PCP in that price point. 3 of them among my local group of friends, well 5 if I included the older Huntsman's, they love these rifles. All of the mentioned owners use them for FT and do quite well, in fact one of them won Hunter division earlier this month with his.

Steve