Daystate LC-110: Dead at 1195 minutes

Centercut the reason I asked about Airtex was last week I called and asked if I could come up to their business and check out one of their machines. There only about 2.5 hrs from me. The lady that answered the phone said they had moved out of their commercial building and the owner was working out of his garage and didn’t know if he had anymore units for sale. She gave me a number for him but I have been unable to get a hold of him.

@mtnGhost

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with your compressor. We are equipped with parts and training to do repairs. If you wouldn't mind reaching out to us, we would be happy to get your compressor back up and running. The factory is constantly improving their designs and we will be able to bring your compressor up to the latest configuration when service is performed.

Daystate America

480-539-4750

Thanks. I hope that infers that newer pump units are built better as I'm reading it. My block is engraved with "11-18", which I translate to a build date of November 2018.

What the issue boils down to is poor piston ring fit!!!

When stage 2 and 3 sets in then most all crank case fed lubricity is blown down from the pressure side due to poor ring fit.

Pistons with little to no lube is a path to desaster (fast).

Oh and to toot my horn: The altaros booster.

Never failed and with superb support. Will do 4500psi all day long for weeks on end. All depends on your shop compressor.

Maybe they need to integrate a good ol dry sump type? JMHO! Yo

@mtnGhost

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with your compressor. We are equipped with parts and training to do repairs. If you wouldn't mind reaching out to us, we would be happy to get your compressor back up and running. The factory is constantly improving their designs and we will be able to bring your compressor up to the latest configuration when service is performed.

Daystate America

480-539-4750

All things mechanical eventually fail; it is nice to see that kindness and good customer service do not. Well done!

Not sure where your located , but there's a dealer in kerrville texas that sells and service's coltri air compressors, I contacted him about doing a 100hr service on mch 35 Maxair is the name ,haven't taken mine in yet because I have a alkin , but my VA doctor is in kerrville so next time I have a appt I'll take it in for service ,looks like he sells a alkin clone too.

@mtnGhost

Daystate America

480-539-4750

All things mechanical eventually fail; it is nice to see that kindness and good customer service do not. Well done!

Yeah, but they shouldn't at the cost of $2/minute if runtime!

@mtnGhost

Daystate America

480-539-4750

Yeah, but they shouldn't at the cost of $2/minute if runtime!

Agreed! Less then 2 hours for me on a brand new machine. Just not right. If it was one compressor but this sounds like a build quality flaw to me..soon as I get my Daystate back it’s gone. Not going to deal with this. I’ll take my chance else where

Reactions: mtnGhost
Their website says you can buy the vertical unit in 110. Do you think it's a typo? 

Salesman told me no 110 option on the vertical. That’s what I was going to buy. Having and Electrician come out on Monday and put a 220 outlet in my garage.

also shows financing option on the website but that’s only if you spend 5000 or more.

ordered today and will be to my place in AZ on Monday the 1st

Centercut the reason I asked about Airtex was last week I called and asked if I could come up to their business and check out one of their machines. There only about 2.5 hrs from me. The lady that answered the phone said they had moved out of their commercial building and the owner was working out of his garage and didn’t know if he had anymore units for sale. She gave me a number for him but I have been unable to get a hold of him.

Hope this is just temporary. I didn't buy from Airetex but they were always willing to answer questions when I called them last year. Bruce Dodson seems like a straight shooter and I hope he manages to get things running again.

That's funny. I called them like 8 months ago and the guy on the phone said the vertical was available in 110. I have no idea if one has an advantage over the other. I just liked the way it looks and seems to take up less space. Any performance advantages you can think of over the horizontal?

Yea, no performance so to speak but I can roll it to where I need it. Salesman said the Vertical has a different motor than the horizontal now that’s why there’s no option for 110 on the vertical.

If at all possible, I’d go 220vac. Trying to go 30 amps with 110 vac is sketchy at best. Look at your breaker box. They are all 15 and 20 amps. With 220vac it’ll probably only draw 12 to 15 amps. So you can use 12 gage wire if you want to wire up an outlet. Plus since the motor isn’t drawing as many amps it should run cooler. IMHO

Yep, and I been meaning to put 220 outlets in my garage since I bought the house in 2018.. now it’s getting done.