Daystate Pulsar Saxon 177

Any Daystate is pretty much a great airgun. 
Daystate is the among the oldest, biggest PCP company. When they release something it's not usually in need of anything. 
B6F3A1B6-571D-4137-9372-0DEAEF9DAF4F.1608459563.jpeg

What's really nice about it is you can have it precisely set for a dedicated projectile. The Pulsar can send pellets or slugs, and will definitely shoot sub 1" groups at 100 yards all day long, as in great groups are the norm right out of the box. 
The computer programmer is a nice thing to have but if you know exactly what you want to use it for, whoever carries it should definitely be able to set it up precisely for you prior to shipping. 
These things are absolutely amazing so yeah. It's a good gun.

The Pulsar HP Saxon in .177 in my experience is an incredible gun. Inherently accurate (especially on high power with JSB 16.20's), wonderful trigger (allowing such great accuracy) very good shot count per fill and good looking as well. 

I bought mine after falling in love with the electronic system of my Daystate Red Wolf.

A couple of things which surprised me about my Saxon HP were:

It is nowhere near as mouse-fart quiet as my std power Red Wolf, and requires a moderator when shooting in my back yard;

Due to its bullpup configuration and higher power it is not as forgiving of shooter errors as my std power Red Wolf.

But once you learn the hold it likes, it is a tack driving laser beam. Even out to 50+ yards, with a .177 pellet no less!

I was just able to score a pre-owned std power .22 Pulsar last week, and shot it over the last couple of days. I found the std power gun to be much more quiet like the Red Wolf, and also more forgiving to a low skilled shooter like me (although it might be that I just know better how to shoot a Pulsar now from my experience with my Saxon HP).

They are heavier bullpups, especially in the HP configuration. But I use mine for shooting off a bench, not woods walking.

If one is going to own a bullpup with the cocking lever by one's ear, the Pulsar is the one to own. You are only resetting the electronics, indexing the magazine and chambering the pellet with the lever, not compressing any spring. You can do it with one finger, and never have to take your eye off the target.

If you can't tell already, I am a total Pulsar fanboy.

IMG_0825.1608475899.JPG

I have two 177 standards and two 177 HP Pulsars with different stocks and the pair of synthetics for truck gun use and the pretty ones just stay home and they are great especially since they were discounted roughly $1000 from their original selling prices. I would not hesitate in buying more however I'm saving money now by buying more Renegades instead. Don't need to adjust power anyway and same electronic trigger for a lot less money bought two more 22 cal Renegades few days ago for the price of one Pulsar. For some strange reason my 22 Renegades are more accurate than my 22 Pulsars same with my 177 Renegades more accurate than my 177 Pulsars too.

Bought my Saxon .177 HP in Sept. 2021 (demo at AOA ) very accurate low 18 fpe with 8.64 G pellets . Have not tried med or high but thinking of crony test just so i know what FPE is .

every time i shoot i am impressed . I have a small range at home, 40 yards with all spinners ,DYI made from washers and aluminum flat stock , 1,25 inch down to 5/8 inch .

This gun almost makes it hard to miss .

Have fun and good shooting 

You do realize this post is a year old?

cmatera -

And yeah...so what !?

The man bought a Pulsar Saxon, he's happy and wants a little info...who are you to turn him off ? Go away..!

beerthief -

Don't worry about stupid comments like the above. Some just don't have a clue !

I've got a Saxon in .22. Shooting it the other day, comparing the "bark" between it and a couple other guns, since I modified my Saxon a little. I shoot it in the med. power mode. It shoots great, don't need anything faster than the 870-875fps (average) that it shoots now.

Daystate Pulsar, .22.1639008154.JPG

Mike