HW/Weihrauch Decision Time - .20 HW77K vs .22 HW77

And Msalm, tell us more about the 97K .177 you got, as well, the one with only a few tins through it!! :)
It was a ‘gift’ from a gracious friend as he keyed in on my lamenting on selling an HW97 in .20 cal years ago. It was a shooting SOB that I basically swapped for an RX2 in 20 cal that I thought would be better for squirrels. I never warmed up to that one. The 97 just shot so incredibly well I was disappointed in the RX2. He bought me a new 97k in 177 as a thank you for a small thing I did but apologized as he couldn’t find one in 20 caliber for me…and now 6 mo later they are in stock and w/ a nice walnut stock. Such is life :).

The 177 is also extremely accurate and extremely nice…I just have really fond memories of that 20 cal from years ago.

Reactions: .20calguy
It was a ‘gift’ from a gracious friend as he keyed in on my lamenting on selling an HW97 in .20 cal years ago. It was a shooting SOB that I basically swapped for an RX2 in 20 cal that I thought would be better for squirrels. I never warmed up to that one. The 97 just shot so incredibly well I was disappointed in the RX2. He bought me a new 97k in 177 as a thank you for a small thing I did but apologized as he couldn’t find one in 20 caliber for me…and now 6 mo later they are in stock and w/ a nice walnut stock. Such is life :).

The 177 is also extremely accurate and extremely nice…I just have really fond memories of that 20 cal from years ago.
Want to PM me? I don’t know how to do it…

I’ve got a .22 and was thinking of getting a .177 as well

I’m new(er) here myself and don’t see an option for a PM…
Funny. I’m new too. I lurked until everyone here gave me the confidence to buy my first Weihrauch air rifle. I think we have to have 10 posts before we can PM.

Oh well maybe I’m getting closer by typing this…

I wanted to ask you which stock you had (thumb holes, laminate, black, etc…) and whether you had done any tuning on it.

Funny. I’m new too. I lurked until everyone here gave me the confidence to buy my first Weihrauch air rifle. I think we have to have 10 posts before we can PM.

Oh well maybe I’m getting closer by typing this…

I wanted to ask you which stock you had (thumb holes, laminate, black, etc…) and whether you had done any tuning on it.
Nothing at all, just a beech stock, dampa mount, Vector Veyron 2-12x44. Shoots a few different pellets well enough I don’t feel the need to mess with it at all…other than make it a .20 caliber.