Deepest penetrator of the common calibers out of a Hatsan Flash?

At the same fpe, the smaller caliber penetrates better. But the fpe goes up as the caliber increases because there is more cross sectional area for the air to push against. So the 25 caliber will be best as long as the flash can push them to a higher fpe than the 22 - highly likely.

In terms of a projectile, any sort of expansion reduces penetration significantly. You definitely do not want a metal mag. I've tested them. They are a fine pellet because they expand more readily than most and will thus not give you maximum penetration. You want a heavy for the caliber domed pellet - a heavy pellet will also give you more fpe. Something like a H&N Baracuda or JSB heavy if the trajectory is OK for what you want to do. I like to push them 800-900 fps which might be difficult with the JSB 34 grain. But even 750 fps works fine in my Prod - for closer shots.

I also have no problem with the lethality of domed pellets. On squirrels I am at 44 so far. Holes in the right place kill effectively without any significant expansion. Limiting over penetration seems like more of a reason to use an expanding pellet to me than lethality. 25 in particular is quite effective. I get DRT kills with my 25s even when my shot placement could have been a bit better.

Reactions: monstr2
That gun will probably shoot H&N Hunters most accurately, closely followed by H&N Crow Magnons, Barracudas and JSB of one or another weight.
You will get better penetration with Hornets, but you'll have to weigh that versus probably a bit less accuracy.
Anything that's "small game" enough for this gun should be a pass through shot with almost anything. Maybe avoid JSB Hades.
I have tested my Hatsan Hydra .25 pretty extensively with every pellet there is. My statement is assuming the Flash is almost identical but with just a little less FPS.
Also if you haven't bought a Flash yet, look at the Hydras. They have a bit more kick and I really love the lightweight wood stock and trigger. I'm sure the Flash is similar but generally 100 fps less power.
It is not my most accurate gun but it hits the spot for a 50 yard gun. I have a red dot on mine now, I rarely miss the target and it handles very well. I use H&N Hunters because the gun loves them.

Last edited: