Delta Stryker

So Earlier this year I purchased a delta Stryker 3.5-21x44 scope for my ghost to use in field target. The scope got good reviews for what info I could find. Shot a match with it and did my usual score. The next month my score was sub par. This week I set up a benchrest target at a measured 48 yards. The scope came into clear focus at 38 yards On the parallax wheel. So I called Edguin west where I bought it and was told I would have to spend five to seven thousand for a scope that would serve me in hunter field target. They also said there was nothing they would do to help. I have A Five hundred dollar bushnell match pro on my Red Wolf that does everything well. I have emailed the parent company today to see if this is a consistent problem. I like the scope but I want to make sure it’s working properly or it’s gone. Any body else have similar issues.
Mike

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: tibor and Ezana4CE
Some thoughts here. I am not familiar with the Delta line of scopes, but are you saying that you took the time to focus your scope every yard from 10-55 yards and put all the markings on a large focus wheel? And after a year the points of focus have changed?

Or are you saying that you are using the markings on the focus wheel as they came from the factory?

I ask because I have yet to see a single scope at any price range where the focus wheel markings match with the actual distance.

I’ve got several March scopes and their focus wheels have no distance markings on them. Probably for good reason.

one more thing. be sure your diopter is set correctly.. it would be nice if the knob was calibrated but as others have said as long as it will snap in just get it marked , also isnt this a new design from delta? I am wanting one of these too but Im waiting til they have been out awhil. the 5-50 and the 4.5-30 have been vetted extensively and proved to be great optics. good luck please keep us updated.l

Reactions: TimeRabbit
I have not had time yet to check the yardage throughout the entire range, I hope to find time this weekend. I have been in contact with Eric at scope Werks to build me a parallax wheel but held off because of my perceived problem with the scope.I guess I will have to have a wheel made and then test it to really find out. I have also sent an email to the manufacturer and am awaiting a response.

one more thing. be sure your diopter is set correctly.. it would be nice if the knob was calibrated but as others have said as long as it will snap in just get it marked , also isnt this a new design from delta? I am wanting one of these too but Im waiting til they have been out awhil. the 5-50 and the 4.5-30 have been vetted extensively and proved to be great optics. good luck please keep us updated.l
100% Diopter adjustment is very important with a FFP scope.
I have the delta stryker 3.5-21x44 and it's particularly fussy about the diopter being dialed in perfectly I don't know how much this affects the OP's situation but having the diopter set correctly is a good start on making friends with this scope .

Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist
100% Diopter adjustment is very important with a FFP scope.
I have the delta stryker 3.5-21x44 and it's particularly fussy about the diopter being dialed in perfectly I don't know how much this affects the OP's situation but having the diopter set correctly is a good start on making friends with this scope .
Please explain what you mean as I thought dialing the diopter till the cross hairs are in focus was all that was needed for that.

Please explain what you mean as I thought dialing the diopter till the cross hairs are in focus was all that was needed for that.
Basically yes, there's just a few basic things that are often overlooked .

Start with parallax maxed out to Infinity and magnification maxed.

Start with diopter all the way in .

Find a flat surface of a solid lite color or a wide open piece of blue sky to aim at while making
adjustments, I always have better luck with sky.

You can make the bulk of the adjustment rather quickly until the reticle starts to come into focus just peaking at the reticle for one or two seconds no more then keep your eye closed five to ten seconds make adjustment peak and repeat until every detail of the reticle is crisp and bold. Don't look at the background just focus on the reticle.

This process should just take a couple of minutes.

You will have trouble keeping a target ( like a busy paper target grid patterns , lots of dots ) and the reticle in focus at the same time with a diopter that isn't dialed in . Sometimes you can look at the target for a few seconds then either the reticle or target will go out of focus the longer you can look at the target without this happening the better.

Last edited:
the position of adjustment for the ocular lens,,, affects the position of the parallax knob to obtain focus

for a test,,, I ignored the fuzzy appearance of the reticle,,,
ocular lens all the way in,, side wheel in focus, at 35 actual yds to target
ocular lens all the way back, I had to re-focus the side wheel for the actual 35 yds to target ,,, that changed the side knobs yds markings reading

I ignore the side knobs yd numbers, as I have poor eyes and my ocular is way back,, friends who look through my scopes have to readjust the ocular to sharpen the reticle image

as for my astigmatism or cataracts, I have a little of each,,, I like to use the illumination feature if the scope has one, to help sharpen the reticle

Last edited:
Reactions: TimeRabbit