• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Delta Wolf pellet clipping issue when using a moderator

Hey guys

I'm a brand new owner of a Delta Wolf rifle and I love it. It shoots great. But I seem to be having some issues...

I've purchased a Huma moderator (0.22) for the Wolf (0.22= and I've noticed that it's not straight when screwed on (see the picture). Hence I get clipping and teribad accuracy. Then I've tried the FX moderator (0.22) and same results. Crooked mod and clipping.

I have even tried a 3d printed moderator (0.22) from my Flashpup. It works on the Pup but it also goes all over the place on the Wolf. I tried the 3d printed one to see if I would hear the pellet hitting the plastic but I can't. It doesn't rule out clipping though as the pellets go all over the place.

All the moderators work fine on all other rifles I've tried (Crown and Flashpup).
What can I do to remedy this? So far I'm 0 for 3.

448832069_7825812624171757_1003416241328028420_n.jpg

Bad endcap or shroud. Something is crooked.
agree - send the barrel and shroud back to where they came from for inspection and replacement. I had a very pricey .25 Sapphire that suffered shroud damage in transit because the business end had insufficient support to prevent it from riding on it's nose. Repair facility thought making the moderator opening larger was the fix. ARGHHHH. Easiest fix is to just replace the entire barrel assembly and let the seller sort it out. Here in the USA Airguns of Arizona is our repair site. Where did you acquire your wolf? Daystate Deltawolf has a 5 year warranty in the USA.

I know that but the problem is that Daystate support doesn't answer. Probably the season and vacation and all that.
In my experience, they never answer. I expect that a new end cap/adapter might be all that is needed, but the error could be in the piece that centers the shroud. Unfortunately, in the DW I believe that might be part of the on-board chrono assembly. I watched a disassembly video, and this is complicated assembly. If I were you, I'd contact my seller. Hopefully, they are a Daystate warranty service center.

In my experience, they never answer. I expect that a new end cap/adapter might be all that is needed, but the error could be in the piece that centers the shroud. Unfortunately, in the DW I believe that might be part of the on-board chrono assembly. I watched a disassembly video, and this is complicated assembly. If I were you, I'd contact my seller. Hopefully, they are a Daystate warranty service center.
I have disassembled it. It's a CF shroud and the cap is probably glued in on the end. I suspect either this cap or the internal chrono mount that is not straight. The barrel is in the center but the whole assembly is centred by orings and spacers. It works on my Crown but I guess not here. It just seems to be a problem with the shroud and the endcap.

I have solved my issue. The problem was the endcap of the shroud. When I first Mounted a moderator on it it left some marks on the surface of the shroud. I was surprised that the quality of the anodizing was that piss poor but hey I can always put the end nut back and that's it.

After another closer inspection today the marks turned out to be some kind of glue residue. I've used some IPA and an knife to carefully scrape the glue off. It went off in layers and it was just enough to screw with the alignment.

Long story short... The gun now works with an FX silencer from my crown without clipping. Huma doesn't work due to higher tolerances but I've just swapped it with the Crown so now the Huma has a new home as well as my FX.

I get maybe a 0,5mil change on Daystate (it was windy so maybe even less) and about 2 mil on my Crown. I need to look into that one some more as it's a bit suss but it's consistent and accurate so maybe Huma just does that.

Always use two size bigger moderators: 22 go to .30 Cal moderator. That way you won't have a clipping problem.

What?? No. It's a $3,000 air rifle.

To the OP - Send it back to get it fixed and delivered properly.

No O-rings, glue scraping, or sacrificing sound suppression with an oversized mod. Get it fixed properly by the vendor. Your ridiculously expensive gun has a major flaw, and the manufacturer and/or dealer have an obligation to deliver it to you functioning properly.

Reactions: coastal drifter
What?? No. It's a $3,000 air rifle.

To the OP - Send it back to get it fixed and delivered properly.

No O-rings, glue scraping, or sacrificing sound suppression with an oversized mod. Get it fixed properly by the vendor. Your ridiculously expensive gun has a major flaw, and the manufacturer and/or dealer have an obligation to deliver it to you functioning properly.
As said. Already fixed. I had to remove some glue residue and it's fine now. I'm used to small manufacturing issues in any item and I'm not below it to fix the stuff myself if I can do it.

I had to remove some glue. Big whoop. It took me half an hour and the rifle was back. I'll let the manufacturer deal with big issues and I won't bother them for something that's easily fixed.

Besides my brand new car died after a week. Call that for expensive defect. That one went to service. 😁