Desired end result for accuracy?

I pest hunt pigeons and tree rats. I also shoot paper for fun and competition. In either scenario, accuracy is my number one goal with each dedicated rifle. For pesting my goal is 1/4” groups or less at 30Y and same with paper punching at 50Y. Now @100Y, that is more of a crap shoot, for me, as accuracy isn’t quite as dependably the same as it is at 50Y or less.

BTW, I gave up on slugs and it’s pellets only for me.
i agree, pellets are plenty accurate

In past years I've taken my share View attachment 480673of pests, when needed, with airrifles and still would if needed. The property we live on currently, 10 ac, has crows Squirrels rabbits and the night critters including armadillos but I just don't see any of these as a problem...My wife even feeds them, "Oh, their so cute". I don't necessarily agree with this but so far so gpod....rats are fair game though. My perfered query is the common wood board which can be identified by "square" markings. These boards are common on my property and are very tough requiring 5 to 10 shots centered in their kill zone ideally stacked to sub dime groups inside these squares. I've become very proficient in dispatching these boards with a verity of calibers powerplants and designs of airguns, and will continue to do so...until my wife figures out what these boards eat and starts feedn' them...

Aren’t armadillos like major carriers of bad disease? I’ve read thd scat and saliva of raccoons are no joke and not to be taken lightly, and armadillos(I’ve heard) are even worse? Am I correct or off base?

I’ve never had the pleasure of shooting true accuracy until I started practicing for competitive bench rest. Once you have a gun perfectly dialed, the accuracy will truly amaze you. It does me, anyway. I understand the shooter and his skill set plays a big part, but for me, I’m just an okay shooter with still more to learn, but my gun surprises me everytime I pull it out. The accuracy potential is out of this world. Let’s just say it makes me look good, right?
Pellets, I’ve found, no matter how perfect they are in head size, weight consistency, all that, you still get the unexplainable fliers. The trick is to narrow it down so the fliers are few and far between. But you still get them.
For hunting, these fliers I’m referring to will still hit your game. You aimed for the eye but got the jaw kind of thing. On paper this equates to a 6 or 7 ring instead of the 10.

I think at the end of the day, it’s wether the accuracy you seek puts a smile on your face. One man’s 3/4” group might be awesome for him, while another seeks hole in hole at 50, all the time