Diana Diana 34 T01 Trigger Adjustments

Thanks to good advice from AGN, I’ve made some nice improvements to my Diana Model 34 (circa 1998) rifle. My next question is about the trigger. I have no experience to base this on, but it feels like my 2nd stage takes a lot of force to fire. Based on the age of my gun I believe it has a T01 trigger. I see two adjustment screws. I like my first stage take up as is, but the final pull is hard enough that it’s distracting. Can anyone explain in simple terms what each screw is for? Is the second stage adjustment as simple as “turn it clockwise for a lighter pull”?

I have searched these forums and I have seen the Tony Leach “Diana T01 Competition Trigger“ video on YouTube. But I’ll be honest…it don’t get it and I’m not ready to take my gun apart yet.

IMG_1860.jpeg

IMG_1770.jpeg

Wow, that's a great diagram! Muchas gracias, marflow.

Note, the actual thing you adjust is not the weight per se, but the length of each stage of the pull. Once you get the second stage short and crisp, there's nothing else to be done.

As an aside: Diana's "T" numbers refer to any significant change to the action. The T stands for "Typ" (i.e, "type" or "variant" in German), not "trigger." Technically, there is no such thing as a "T01 trigger;" T01 was a change to the sights (the scope rail replaced the worthless short pressed-in scope grooves of the earliest 34's). T05 and T06 do refer to new trigger designs; T02, T03, and T04 were other changes in that "family" of designs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diehard50248
I have two T01 guns. The reality is, as it is, you cannot make the stock T01 trigger (Mike's point noted, and established usage preferred) very light if you want to have a two-stage trigger pull. Adjusting the trigger so that it's a single stage trigger you can get it as light and crisp as any sporter trigger. My D34 trigger is like that, and so good I don't care that it's a single stage (and have never adjusted it).

That being said, you can substantially lower the two stage trigger pull as well as make it much smoother by stoning and polishing the machined sear bottom that faces the trigger adjusting screw tips. Doing that made my D52 two-stage trigger pull just perfect.

D52 T01 sear surface.JPG
D52 T01 sear surface polished.JPG