Diana 6 newbie

I have a 6M.
If the barrel is cocked, it cannot be fired.
The trigger will not do anything.

IMG_0105.jpeg

It is quite likely that the seal has gone bad due to age. I have a Beeman(Diana) original 6, I think the same gun but with different stock and had that problem. It was actually discharging small pieces of the seal into the barrel.
Your gun is a spring-piston pistol. When you broke the gun open to insert the pellet you were also compressing a spring. When you fire the pistol the energy that you transfered to the spring is used compress one or more air pistons. The air from the piston is then used to operate the pistol and propel the pellet.
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you

the simple answer is the pistol needs a complete rebuild
i bought a model 10 that the piston was seized up the tube, so the barrel was loose
grips are not a problem Vernon Austin can make grips for them
so very model 6 or 10 that have factory seals in them need to be rebuilt plain and simple
the front seal crumbles and turns into a real mess and for of us that have rebuild these pistols a mess is an understatement
as for the rear seal it never shows the same effects but needs also to be replaced
if you are not mechanically inclined send it off to be repaired, it take skills and tools and many parts to finish the job and the understanding how the pistols Giss System works
for those who want to work on them Waffencenter Gotha is the place for parts, is the site hard to use, Yes, are the prices the best, Yes, is the shipping painful, Yes again
so are they hard to work on, there is too answers
if you do not have the right tools and the ability to make your own tools and do not have extra parts don't even bother send it out
if you have done many and have the everything and all the tricks, they are easy to work on
so do i know what i'm talking about, i own 10 model 6-g-m and rebuilt 7 so i thing so
i would give you a blow by blow how to but it take much time

these a few years back were fairly cheap and you could send them out and still have a good value for those who had to send them out
but now the prices are high and the pistols plus the service bring their cost above what is think is even a fair price
in the case of a pistol that has been in the family that changes everything
but i am a buy cheap kind of guy