Diana Bandit, Artemis PP800 and Snowpeak PP800 information

I've been working on my .25 carbine today.
View attachment 313314
It has a 9ci tank with an 1800 psi regulator. A Froggy's Airguns drop block and m10x1 to 1/2x20 adapter mated to an Airgun Capital muffler and screwed down to tension the carbon fiber sleeve. It has a heavier .047 wire spring that's trimmed to 2.6 inches and attached at the back so the hammer is free flight. I'm getting close to 19 fpe with AA 25.4s with this configuration.
Hello @EdinGa

That make for a great looking combination and it must be really quite.

ThomasT

Reactions: Bandito
Thanks! It's definitely quiet and hits hard. I'm thinking about doing one in .177 as well so I'll be following your progress with the PP800.
Hello @EdinGa

I am going to leave my Bandit factory stock and shoot it as is. The first PP800R I am considering making a carbine out of it because I have a long barrel and a stock on order...still not sure. The second PP800 I will ad the barrel band with a Bi-Pod and the Vector Scope and maybe a custom stock.

ThomasT

Reactions: Bandito
Hello @EdinGa

I am going to leave my Bandit factory stock and shoot it as is. The first PP800R I am considering making a carbine out of it because I have a long barrel and a stock on order...still not sure. The second PP800 I will ad the barrel band with a Bi-Pod and the Vector Scope and maybe a custom stock.

ThomasT
These things are addictive and so easy to mod. I'm loving them more than the Crosman leggo guns. Wes is my enabler. :ROFLMAO:

Hello everyone,

Wes sent me an email showing that my new PP800R was tested after the modifications and I can expect anywhere from 36 up to 50 shots per fill. He shipped it to me this morning so hopefully next week I can do a bit of shooting with it (y) 🎅:giggle:

ThomasT

Hello everyone,

Well after laying around in US Customs for 4 or 5 days I finally received the modified Snowpeak from Airguns Archery Fun. Wes did a custom tune for me and hopefully tomorrow my shop will warm up enough so I can do some test shooting.

Happy Holidays to all and I hope you have a wonderful 2023.

ThomasT

Reactions: Bandito and rsfrid
Hello everyone

Now that I have finally received all of the various parts and the Snowpeak PP800R pistol, I can start to work. Fist off, a complete cleaning of the Barrel Bore. I ran a .177 Swab soaked with Ballistol in and out of the Barrel Bore six times and you can see how dirty the Swab came out. Then I used Patches to finish cleaning the Bore and it took 9 before I got a clean one. Next I used Silicon Oil to lubricate the Bolt and all moving metal to metal parts.

I removed the Barrel and installed a Buck-Rail Barrel Band with a Picatinny rail and then reinstalled everything. Next install the AT-1 Bi-Pod on the Picatinny rail on the Barrel Band and adjusted and tightened all of the fittings. Then install the UTG Scope Rings and mounted the UTG BugBuster 3-9x32 Scope.

If I can get my shop warm enough today I will start shooting some pellets over my Chronograph. I am anxious to see what numbers the Modified Pistol will produce and confirm the shot count per fill. I will post the results as soon as I can get a full and complete analysis.

ThomasT
Snowpeak-2 A1.jpg
Snowpeak-2 A3B.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bandito and EdinGa
Hello everyone

Got the shop warm enough to do the first test shooting but not with the Chronograph, just not enough light. Man what a SURPRISE :p, first off it shoots really accurate, and I got 96 shots out of the first fill (y). I filled it to 200 Bar and shot 12 magazines ( 8 shots per mag ) down to 100 Bar. Not having the Chronograph to tell me all the numbers but the accuracy had not dropped off so I am guessing I could have shot at least one more mag, wow. Most likely in the future I will only shoot 8 magazines and then refill the air. I am so pleased with the performance and I need to thank Wes with Airgun Archery Fun for doing such a great job on this custom tune work on my Snowpeak PP800R :love:. More to come when it gets warm enough to do some Chronograph work.

ThomasT
Snowpeak-2 Target.A1.jpg
Snowpeak-2 Target.A2b.jpg
Snowpeak-2 Target.1.jpg

Wes is a magician. I bought a regulated .25 Stormrider from him that gets 28 shots at 22 fpe with that little tube. Now I'm going to have to save up for a .177 Bandit. :)
Hello @EdinGa

I haven't had this much fun in a hundred years....well maybe 81 years :ROFLMAO: . I have shot over 200 rounds this morning and I can hardly see through the scope because this BIG smile on my face is forcing my eyes closed :giggle: . I agree 100% that Wes is a genius magician ....... 96 shots out of a 50cc cylinder and more accurate than some of my rifles. It may be below freezing outside but my benchrest is HOT right now. I cannot wait for Spring and get some 10-yard and some 10-meter targets set up, hopefully by then I will have my other Snowpeak back and shoot the heck out of paper targets outside.

Have a great Holiday Ed and shoot more .177 pellets ☃️

ThomasT

My bottled .177 Chaser is getting close to 200 shots per fill at 9 fpe. We're not accustomed to this cold weather here, so I don't have a place to shoot it indoors.

Wishing you and yours a great one too!
Hey again @EdinGa

Yeah anything below 68 degrees and I stop moving....man I hate cold weather. However the good news is we are supposed to be back in the 70's this coming week.

ThomasT

Reactions: Bandito and rsfrid
Hello everyone

Got the shop warm enough to do the first test shooting but not with the Chronograph, just not enough light. Man what a SURPRISE :p, first off it shoots really accurate, and I got 96 shots out of the first fill (y). I filled it to 200 Bar and shot 12 magazines ( 8 shots per mag ) down to 100 Bar. Not having the Chronograph to tell me all the numbers but the accuracy had not dropped off so I am guessing I could have shot at least one more mag, wow. Most likely in the future I will only shoot 8 magazines and then refill the air. I am so pleased with the performance and I need to thank Wes with Airgun Archery Fun for doing such a great job on this custom tune work on my Snowpeak PP800R :love:. More to come when it gets warm enough to do some Chronograph work.

ThomasT
View attachment 316558View attachment 316559View attachment 316560
What kind of tunes did he do, do you know? That’s an amazing shot count

What kind of tunes did he do, do you know? That’s an amazing shot count
Hello @fatmatic

He set the FPS at 500 shooting 8.4gr pellets giving a 5 FPE. He adjusted the trigger to have a short first stage and a crisp 2lb pull, it really feels good. I'm sure he did a few other things that are his "trade secrets".

I love the shot count and I am shooting just four magazines with 8 rounds now and then "top off" the cylinder back to 200 bar and it only takes about a minute with the Vevor. Most of my paper targets have 30 10-rings or less so four mags are perfect.

ThomasT

Aint the canada limit 480+/-.. figured a guy would go more usa power. Not that there's anything wrong with 500 . Shooting wads at 10m just about right.
I'm using this Pistol for 10-Yard and 10-Meter targets so 500fps is perfect.

ThomasT

Hello everyone

I shot some JSB Diabolo 10.44gr pellets in the Snowpeak PP800R yesterday just to compare with the Wadcutter pellets. Accuracy was as good but they do tear the target with a ragged hole unlike the clean round hole of the Wadcutter. When the weather will allow to shoot some 25 yard targets I will have to find the "perfect" Diabolo style of pellet to shoot at the longer distance. This is a 25 yard target but I shot it at 15-feet indoors.

ThomasT
Snowpear-2.Target One.jpg