Diana Bandit, Artemis PP800 and Snowpeak PP800 information

Hello everyone

I guess the new Snowpeak PP800R is now considered "broken in", just shot all 500 Wadcutters out of the first Tin plus all the other style pellets even one mag of Slugs. Just shot this target with a score of 247 out of a possible 250 makes me smile 😁.

ThomasT
Snowpeak PP800R-2 Target.3.jpg

Looks like you have a winner!
Hello @EdinGa

Yep it sure does, and my scores will get better as I get more comfortable with my grip and how I hold the pistol every time. The gun shoots great, the off scoring in me :cry:

ThomasT

Hello everyone,

My Vector Scope left the UK on the 17th and arrived in Chicago on the 20th, that is really good (y)

Well it sat in Chicago from the 20th until today, the 27th, :mad: and now USPS proudly sent me an email showing that it is "somewhere" in transit :unsure: . Sure hope that I am still alive if and when it arrives at my house :confused:

Happy New Year to all,
ThomasT

This thread is awesome. I got my .177 Bandit from Utah Airguns back in late 2019. Out of the box, it was just a descending string. Clipped some hammer spring coils and it was shooting with more of a curve but not how I like. Having only shot regulated guns since early 2015, I had to slap a regulator in there. I also chopped the barrel to 5" and used a shortened Prod shroud to somewhat quiet it down. It's loud, still, and wastes a lot of air. I've found that I've only shot it a handful of times since "finishing" it; I usually grab the Beeman P17 if I want to shoot a pistol indoors. So I've got some plans for this little guy, just waiting for some parts to get in.

PXL_20221219_204645936~2.jpg

This thread is awesome. I got my .177 Bandit from Utah Airguns back in late 2019. Out of the box, it was just a descending string. Clipped some hammer spring coils and it was shooting with more of a curve but not how I like. Having only shot regulated guns since early 2015, I had to slap a regulator in there. I also chopped the barrel to 5" and used a shortened Prod shroud to somewhat quiet it down. It's loud, still, and wastes a lot of air. I've found that I've only shot it a handful of times since "finishing" it; I usually grab the Beeman P17 if I want to shoot a pistol indoors. So I've got some plans for this little guy, just waiting for some parts to get in.

View attachment 317470
Hello @UCChris

I really like seeing and reading what all modifications people are doing with their various pistols. There are some really cool and far-out pistols and I hope a lot more will be added. I even like where just a custom grip was added.

ThomasT

ThomasT It’s a .177. So far it seems to like the JSB 8.44 gr Simply Pellet really well. When I have time to spend more time at the bench I’ll test other pellets.
Hello @marquette

Thank you. The JSB 8.44 Simply Pellet, is that the Wadcutter? I have some of those on order and should be in this week.

Thanks again,
ThomasT

Reactions: Bandito
Hello everyone,

We have beautiful 72 degree weather here today and I have shot all morning at my 10-meter target outside with the Snowpeak PP800R. I tried a bunch of different pellets today including some Wadcutters and the Pistol shot most of them fairly well at 10-meters. However the H&N Baracuda Hunter Extreme 9.57gr wound up shooting the best. Attached is a scan of three different Bullseye that I shot a full magazine ( 8-shots per mag ) and as you can see, a penny will cover each target. For a short barrel Pistol shooting at 500fps I am quite pleased with the accuracy at 10-meters. I did not set up the chronograph because of the clouds and wind but I will at a later date.

ThomasT
Snowpeak-2.8 shots.jpg

Hello everyone,

We have beautiful 72 degree weather here today and I have shot all morning at my 10-meter target outside with the Snowpeak PP800R. I tried a bunch of different pellets today including some Wadcutters and the Pistol shot most of them fairly well at 10-meters. However the H&N Baracuda Hunter Extreme 9.57gr wound up shooting the best. Attached is a scan of three different Bullseye that I shot a full magazine ( 8-shots per mag ) and as you can see, a penny will cover each target. For a short barrel Pistol shooting at 500fps I am quite pleased with the accuracy at 10-meters. I did not set up the chronograph because of the clouds and wind but I will at a later date.

ThomasT
View attachment 317730

Nice shootin'! Stripped my Bandit down last night and deburred the barrel grub screws and transfer port hole. Hopefully the barrel from Wes doesn't take too long.

Nice shootin'! Stripped my Bandit down last night and deburred the barrel grub screws and transfer port hole. Hopefully the barrel from Wes doesn't take too long.
Hello @UCChris

Of course the delivery time depends on the carrier, and USPS I believe received a letter bag full of coal this year :p . However most of the material that I have ordered from Wes gets down here in Texas within a week. Be sure and keep us up to date on your build with some photos.

Thomast

If I keep looking at your posts, I'm going to end up ordering one of them in .177. 😉
Hello @EdinGa

OK don't look directly at the computer screen..... 🤪 , it won't help but at least you gave it a try :unsure:

I hate to tell you this, BUT you sure are missing out on a whole bunch of fun. I have gone through almost a whole Tin of pellets this morning and still shooting.

ThomasT

Hello @EdinGa

OK don't look directly at the computer screen..... 🤪 , it won't help but at least you gave it a try :unsure:

I hate to tell you this, BUT you sure are missing out on a whole bunch of fun. I have gone through almost a whole Tin of pellets this morning and still shooting.

ThomasT
I've got 2 .177 Chasers and one of them is hpa converted. Do I really need a Bandit too? 🤔🤣

I've got 2 .177 Chasers and one of them is hpa converted. Do I really need a Bandit too? 🤔🤣
Hello @EdinGa

I have a Chaser with the complete Buck Rail treatment, a Bandit completely stock, and two Snowpeak PP800R's and I know that I truly do need several more of some style o_O . At least two more.....

ThomasT

ThomasT. From what I understand JSB Simply Pellets are just just the same as the JSB 8.44 domed pellet just not hand sorted and inspected. So far I’ve used almost 3 tins and don’t see a difference. Perfect for practice and plinking. If I were shooting a match I would use the better pellet just for piece of mind.

I've got a 177 bandit as well, I spoke with Thomas briefly about it, I got it from pyramyd air a few years back and the power curve was pretty wild. Up to 850fps with 8gr pellets and steadily declining. Barrel was phenomenal. I pretty much immediately installed a huma regulator but decided to ditch the included plenum and hogged out the valve body to suffice as enough of a "plenum". This increasing shot count. This involved cutting a valve seat into the front face of the valve body to seal against the regulator body.

I got 50 shots at 650fps with 8gr when I tuned it. The gun now has a leak I need to track down and is the only 177 caliber gun I own (of many).
At one point I tried polishing the bore and thought I destroyed the barrel. Turned out my scope was bad. But didn't discover this until actually destroying the barrel trying to recrown and "fix" it. And I had also already gotten a LW barrel which is now on it. 🤦. I still need to get around to polishing and bluing it.

I also reworked and refinished the stock, and tuned the trigger to break at 12oz. As well as added a trigger over-travel stop. Hammer is lightened as well to help with shot cycle characteristics.

20211201_155115.jpg

My other one is a pp800 25 caliber with a cothran powerhouse valve fitted, 6.1mm ports throughout. (ports involved cutting thru one of the original barrel oring grooves and cutting a new barrel oring groove for each barrel). I like to swap grips between the two. It does 48 fpe in 9" barrel and 65fpe in 15" barrel. Only gets 2 shots unregulated, but shoots lights out with jsb kings.

PSX_20220917_220719.jpg

20221103_161459.jpg

Last edited:
I've got a 177 bandit as well, I spoke with Thomas briefly about it, I got it from pyramyd air a few years back and the power curve was pretty wild. Up to 850fps with 8gr pellets and steadily declining. Barrel was phenomenal. I pretty much immediately installed a huma regulator but decided to ditch the included plenum and hogged out the valve body to suffice as enough of a "plenum". This increasing shot count. This involved cutting a valve seat into the front face of the valve body to seal against the regulator body.

I got 50 shots at 650fps with 8gr when I tuned it. The gun now has a leak I need to track down and is the only 177 caliber gun I own (of many).
At one point I tried polishing the bore and thought I destroyed the barrel. Turned out my scope was bad. But didn't discover this until actually destroying the barrel trying to recrown and "fix" it. And I had also already gotten a LW barrel which is now on it. 🤦. I still need to get around to polishing and bluing it.

I also reworked and refinished the stock, and tuned the trigger to break at 12oz. As well as added a trigger over-travel stop. Hammer is lightened as well to help with shot cycle characteristics.

View attachment 318075

My other one is a pp800 25 caliber with a cothran powerhouse valve fitted, 6.1mm ports throughout. (ports involved cutting thru one of the original barrel oring grooves and cutting a new barrel oring groove for each barrel). I like to swap grips between the two. It does 48 fpe in 9" barrel and 65fpe in 15" barrel. Only gets 2 shots unregulated, but shoots lights out with jsb kings.

View attachment 318076
View attachment 318077
Hello @Long_Gun_Dallas

That is a really nice looking setup. With that moderator it should be whisper quite.

ThomasT

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
Hello @Long_Gun_Dallas

That is a really nice looking setup. With that moderator it should be whisper quite.

ThomasT
Not really lol. Its quite loud. 48 fpe in a short barrel is a LOT of power. And it's using half the air in the tube in one shot. It's approaching somewhat quiet with the longer barrel and long mod. No moderator, it is obscenely loud.