Diana Bandit, Artemis PP800 and Snowpeak PP800 information

In my experience, much over 600fps (if even that) yields very poor stabilization for wadcutters (the farther you shoot, the worse)

Good info regardless.

My bandit is tuned to 650fps, wadcutters do OK to 20 yards. 30 yards, accuracy is completely gone, so I just shoot domes now. Though I do prefer wadcutters, at 30+ yards, I can't really tune for less than 650fps. Too much drop and power loss.

In my experience, much over 600fps (if even that) yields very poor stabilization for wadcutters (the farther you shoot, the worse)

Good info regardless.
Hello @Long_Gun_Dallas

Yep you are correct but this is mainly for 10-Meter and or 10-Yard shooting. The Wadcutter works really well within those limits. I have a Snowpeak PP800R shooting at under 500fps and it is accurate on the 10-Meter course.

ThomasT

Good info regardless.

My bandit is tuned to 650fps, wadcutters do OK to 20 yards. 30 yards, accuracy is completely gone, so I just shoot domes now. Though I do prefer wadcutters, at 30+ yards, I can't really tune for less than 650fps. Too much drop and power loss.
I had a massive chipper invasion last spring and found that supersonic wadcutters were bad medicine up close. I need to look up my targets, but I found several that would group under a quarter at 20 yards or so even at those speeds.

Looks like I need to order a few more tins of the RWS Basic 7.0s. That's some nice shooting with wadcutters going that fast.
Hello @EdinGa

When I have the weather conditions that will allow me to set up outside, I will be able to shoot like a 100 rounds of one specific pellet and find that special "one" that shoots best in each of my pistols. Right now I am just testing with the Bandit. I will shoot most of these with the Crosman 1701P and the Artemis PP750 in time. I was lucky this morning and got about 3 hours of Sun.

ThomasT

Reactions: Bandito and EdinGa
I had a massive chipper invasion last spring and found that supersonic wadcutters were bad medicine up close. I need to look up my targets, but I found several that would group under a quarter at 20 yards or so even at those speeds.
Hello again Ed

I am using H&N Baracuda Hunter Extreme 9.57gr at 25-yards with 10-shots covered by a dime. Now that is on one of my really good days :p

ThomasT

Through no fault of my own, I seem to have collected quite a few .177s that fall into the 5-7 fpe category. :rolleyes: I'm definitely interested in your findings because I just don't have time to do the extensive testing myself. I probably have more .177 wadcutters on hand than any other style of pellet too.
Hello Ed

Well like I said, come Spring I will be outside shooting almost everyday and will do a ton of testing with all my pistols on the 10-meter and the 25-yard range. I just don't shoot Wadcutter outside of 10-meters because I haven't ever had any luck with them. I really enjoy shooting 25-yard targets with pistols and love testing various Diabolo style pellets.

ThomasT

Reactions: Bandito
Hello everyone,

Today I installed the "long barrel" on my Snowpeak PP800R and replaced the bad barrel that had the messed up crown. I shot just three different pellets and the H&N Finale Match Heavy 8.18gr shot the best groups. I will try the rest of the Wadcutter pellets in the next couple of days and if one is outstanding I will post it here. Sure glad it shoots so good because it looks cool.

ThomasT
Snowpeak-2 B1.jpg

Are the pellets noticeably faster with the longer barrel?

Allen
Hello @Healthservices

Did not test any pellets today with the Chronograph because I shot indoors all day, but I will next time I set up outside and will let you know.

ThomasT

Are the pellets noticeably faster with the longer barrel?

Allen
Hello again Allen @Healthservices

I shot a bunch more tonight and the pellets are hitting the steel backing plate with quite a "bang". Just guessing right now, but from the sound and splatter of the pellets I would they are some faster. Hopefully tomorrow I can shoot some across my Chronograph.

ThomasT

Reactions: Healthservices
Hello everyone,

Decided to shoot the Snowpeak PP800R Long Barrel today and shot several paper targets. This one turned out pretty good using the Crosman Match Grade 7.9gr Wadcutter Pellets. I also shot some 8.18gr and they did just as well, glad these Pistols are not real finicky about pellets. Cold, overcast and windy outside and it is so nice to be shooting inside.

ThomasT
Snowpeak PP800R Long Barrel.1.1.jpg

Hello everyone,

Well I think that I finally have the scope zeroed in :oops::confused:o_Oo_O;). Looks like I scored about 1000 on this card :p:D:LOL::ROFLMAO:.

How about I believe a fellow should get his monies worth out of a target 😵‍💫

The truth is that I have been working on the original barrel that was clipping so badly and doing a lot of testing in between working on it and it is a bit improved but still not good enough. The replacement barrel is on a UPS truck snowbound somewhere in North Dakota, and has been un-traceable for 4 days now.

ThomasT
Old Barrel.jpg

Hello everyone,

Well I think that I finally have the scope zeroed in :oops::confused:o_Oo_O;). Looks like I scored about 1000 on this card :p:D:LOL::ROFLMAO:.

The truth is that I have been working on the original barrel that was clipping so badly and doing a lot of testing in between working on it and it is a bit improved but still not good enough. The replacement barrel is on a UPS truck snowbound somewhere in North Dakota, and has been un-traceable for 4 days now.

ThomasT
View attachment 325959
Wow! Just wow! That's a lot of pellets in a small area 😅🤣😂

Hello everyone,

ThomasT
View attachment 325959
When I do this; I grab my colored sharpies. 1st round hits get marked red, next blue, black, silver, etc.🤪🤙

Wow! Just wow! That's a lot of pellets in a small area 😅🤣😂
Hello @rsfrid

Yes it is Ross. If you notice some holes are clean and round and then the pellet hit sideways. One minute all my work looks like I have fixed the problem and then the next pellet tells me to go back and start all over. Oh well at least I did get to shoot some today.

ThomasT