Diana Bandit PCP Air Pistol .177

Well, I finally got a weapon I a have had on order for a few months. I thought having a repeater (9 shot) would really nice to have. I own break barrel, CO and pump. The break barrel is the best. After a month with the Diana I am not impressed with the distance and accuracy, the bad part is the magazine. I feel it is a peace of junk and fails very easily. Beside breaking. I just use the single shot now, tired of buying magazines. Will be looking a different PCP since I had already purchased a compressor and fittings and a large dryer. Just sayin.

Everything you just said about the Bandit is no secret. It’s a project gun. Tuck it away somewhere and maybe some day after you gain some more knowledge from working on other PCP’s that you bought, you can dig it out and fix it. Right now on another forum, I am helping a guy trying to get the most out of his. Putting it nicely, that gun is a stinker. Clean up the crown, fix the leade, then try to get some kind of workable shot curve with different springs, transfer ports and valve work.

Can't say I've had any problems with the magazines but to Vetmx's point, SPA (the OEM) has a habit of mangling the rifling at the muzzle by using a piloted crowning cutter. Both my CR600W and CP2 (Diana Chaser) purchased two years apart had it so if it doesn't group well, have a look.

And in general the workmanship is rough so even if it doesn't have damaged rifling, it will very likely benefit from dressing the crown and the leade.

For my two barrels, they both performed great after the workmanship shortcomings were addressed but that's no consolation if you had an expectation they would work properly out of the box. They are priced as they are for a reason, and it seems Diana has done little to nothing to address these very basic quality problems.

You need to take off the barrel and clean up the leade, or chamber if you’re a gun guy. There is info out there on the issue with these guns and how they shave pellets with burrs around the transfer port in the barrel. You’ll see what we are talking about once you get in there. How to clean up a leade can be found probably here and definitely over on GTA. Roll up your sleeves and have some fun working on that thing.

You need to take off the barrel and clean up the leade, or chamber if you’re a gun guy. There is info out there on the issue with these guns and how they shave pellets with burrs around the transfer port in the barrel. You’ll see what we are talking about once you get in there. How to clean up a leade can be found probably here and definitely over on GTA. Roll up your sleeves and have some fun working on that thing.

tuscany

FWIW (and to me it was worth a great deal) I took Nervoustrig's advice and used his method to clean up the leade on my Diana Bandit & Chaser.

I also used followed his instructions cleaning up the crown on the Bandit

What an improvement!!

And not difficult at all to accomplish.

Hope this helps

Ed

IMG_0207.1612798049.jpeg

Here is mine, post project. Shoots well with the chaser rifle barrel on it. Have since added a 2x7 UTG pistol scope mounted on the barrel band. Shoots great and groups well after the recrown job I did with my dremel.