Diana Chaser .22 Cal

Line354

Aug 20, 2024
Purchased a Chaser "kit" in .22 cal recently, and had some initial problems with the pistol barrel. It seems it would not load pellets smoothly, requiring some care/finnigling while pushing the bolt home to chamber the pellet. Decided to inspect the barrel a bit closer, and noted some burrs and less than ideal machining. I decided to clean up and "smooth" the chamber entry just a bit using a Cratex abrasive cone, made a big difference in how the pellets chambered, nice and smooth now. I also picked up a spare Diana moderator for the barrel, and decided to machine off the sight blade prior to installing the moderator. I think it looks much nicer now. I was not going to use the open sights anyway, so no harm no foul

IMG_05676.jpg

IMG_056987.jpg

from the time these guns came of the market the fact the breech end of the barrel needed cleaning up was know
the crown at the same time could be cleaner up a little and the barrels are filthy from the factory
i have used Dremel style rubber abrasive cones
now you took the rifle barrel band and this one might be a little nicer
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1963401631...Md/lYin6UCguWFYTdDIKWco/Pg==|tkp:BFBM6LS1gL1k
if this is a new Chaser that has no hole in the trigger guard take the grip frame off and you will see a too short to work adjustment screw at the back of the trigger and that will help the trigger, a light sear spring will help but i could go on and on i have had Chasers for a long time

Purchased a Chaser "kit" in .22 cal recently, and had some initial problems with the pistol barrel. It seems it would not load pellets smoothly, requiring some care/finnigling while pushing the bolt home to chamber the pellet. Decided to inspect the barrel a bit closer, and noted some burrs and less than ideal machining. I decided to clean up and "smooth" the chamber entry just a bit using a Cratex abrasive cone, made a big difference in how the pellets chambered, nice and smooth now. I also picked up a spare Diana moderator for the barrel, and decided to machine off the sight blade prior to installing the moderator. I think it looks much nicer now. I was not going to use the open sights anyway, so no harm no foul

View attachment 495505

View attachment 495506
Member "Line354" seems to have posted a copy of my original text/photos here, like it was "his" own post?? Not sure how that happened or what's up with that.... Maybe I missed something here, but some clarification from member Line354, or perhaps a moderator is in order. No harm/no foul though, just curious about what happened here. :unsure:

View attachment 495505

View attachment 495506
Hello @Line354

Nice looking mods.

ThomasT

Member "Line354" seems to have posted a copy of my original text/photos here, like it was "his" own post?? Not sure how that happened or what's up with that.... Maybe I missed something here, but some clarification from member Line354, or perhaps a moderator is in order. No harm/no foul though, just curious about what happened here. :unsure:
Maybe trying to get to 10 meaningful posts?

Interesting :unsure: