N/A Diana Chaser/Artemis CP2, Krale, and aluminum magazines?

Happy Fourth of July, everyone.

I am thinking of purchasing a Diana Chaser from Airgun Depot or the Artemis CP2 from Krale. (Background: This is partially thanks to you all helping to suggest small/light pest guns back in April).

I am familiar with the price differential with the Chaser kit being $129.99 on sale at AGD and the CP2 kit about $138 (105+33 shipping) at Krale (but with 2 magazines included).

Several questions:

1) Should I get from Krale or AGD? I've read the earlier Chaser/CP2 comparison thread but it's also down to different stores.
2) Krale has extra aluminum and synthetic Artemis CP2 magazines. There's a minor price difference. Is aluminum any better? Or should I save my $ for CARM?
3) .22 or .177 -- the eternal question. I have always had .177 which I like for plinking economy, but if I'm going to benefit from a .22, might as well now.

More questions later if I think of them....

Thanks!

Last edited:

I am thinking of purchasing a Diana Chaser from Airgun Depot or the Artemis CP2 from Krale. (Background: This is partially thanks to you all helping to suggest small/light pest guns back in April).

I am familiar with the price differential with the Chaser kit being $129.99 on sale at AGD and the CP2 kit about $138 (105+33 shipping) at Krale (but with 2 magazines included).

Several questions:

1) Should I get from Krale or AGD?* I've read the earlier Chaser/CP2 comparison thread but it's also down to different stores.
2) Krale has extra aluminum and synthetic Artemis CP2 magazines. There's a minor price difference. Is aluminum any better? Or should I save my $ for CARM?
3) .22 or .177 -- the eternal question. I have always had .177 which I like for plinking economy, but if I'm going to benefit from a .22, might as well now.

More questions later if I think of them.... P.S. *If you have a nice set for sale, I'm also open to forum offers here.

Thanks!
Check out Midway, 99 bucks

Several questions:

1) Should I get from Krale or AGD?* I've read the earlier Chaser/CP2 comparison thread but it's also down to different stores.

More questions later if I think of them.... P.S. *If you have a nice set for sale, I'm also open to forum offers here.

Thanks!
Can't go wrong with either, do the math with the two included mags on the CP2 and make a decision. These are both essentially the same pistols, but I think the CP2 has a "2-screw" trigger, while the Chaser has the "3 screw" Diana DIT (Diana Improved Trigger) trigger. The DIT trigger seems a bit better to me and easier to tune as well. I can't comment on the CARM mags, but have had NO trouble with the mags included with the Artemis (these are the "plastic" mags). I'm also inclined to tell you to go with the .22 cal. Pellets are easier to handle, whether it's single loading or loading the mags up. Also, if pesting is on your usage menu, the .22's hit much harder than the 177.

Reactions: jbuchse17

Several questions:

Thanks!
Anyone have any experience with those magazines. Before ordering from Krale, look at their shipping, rather outrageous for something that small and lightweight. I have bought airguns from them and considering size and weight, that was much more reasonable.

Several questions:

Thanks!
I believe you would need to post a want ad in the classified section and PM from there to be legal in the rules .

Appreciate everyone’s tips on this thread. I ended up getting a Chaser from Midway USA yesterday thanks to bf1956 and a couple others. It came out to $85 for the kit. As others have mentioned there is 10% off; I also joined the rewards program and the points were worth another $5 off. So the total can be as low as $85. I was impressed when Midway shipped today.

I decided to try for .22 first and see how I like it. Magazines still TBD…

Reactions: sekiar and bf1956
To update everyone… I did end up getting my Chaser in .22 and splurged on a couple Maple magazines (orange 7rd and black 10rd).

It's a pretty good setup. If I did it all over again though, I might consider springing for .177 caliber and the Maple single shot loader + either the 7 or 10 shot magazine.

.177 because (1) my other guns and pellets are in that caliber, (2) .177 is cheaper for plinking pellets by the tin and I don’t feel as bad about 1/2 the wasted lead, (3) I sometimes feel .22 velocity is a bit lacking partway into a fresh cartridge.

Might try the single shot loader because it makes for a better shot to shot flow. The mags are great but I find detaching and reloading a full mag every several shots is slow in its own way vs feeding pellets singly but quickly, indefinitely. One of each mode is nice.

Hope that helps someone.