Diana diana mod 23 year?

• Thread starter Deleted member 33063
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 33063

hi i got 2 fully functional dianas from a friend. the MOD 27 date is 04/70 but MOD 23 has no date but the serial number starts 0955. is it possible i can find the date of manufacture for the mod23?

IMG-20240808-WA0007.jpeg

It seems to me like a first edition 23, which they churned out from the '50s right up until the early '80s, if memory serves me right. I think Diana started including the date of manufacture from the mid or late1960s onwards, though I might be a bit off on that. Hopefully, this gives you a bit of a leg-up until someone with a bit more expertise pops by!

It seems to me like a first edition 23, which they churned out from the '50s right up until the early '80s, if memory serves me right. I think Diana started including the date of manufacture from the mid or late1960s onwards, though I might be a bit off on that. Hopefully, this gives you a bit of a leg-up until someone with a bit more expertise pops by!
i can see on the butt the number 5 but everything else is faded on the wood

Reactions: Paul Be Careful
Have you looked on the barrel? Behind the notch where the lever is aligned and the screws securing the barrel. Extremely tiny. You might require a magnifying lens to view it distinctly.
My 23 has a notch cut for the rear sight mounting/adjustment , i would have to remove the iron sight to see under ? other than that place i see no markings .

Reactions: Paul Be Careful
My 23 has a notch cut for the rear sight mounting/adjustment , i would have to remove the iron sight to see under ? other than that place i see no markings .
I wouldn’t bet on finding a stamp there, mate. As far as I know, if there’s nothing on the butt pad, compression tube, receiver, barrel, or cocking link (only visible with action open), it’s likely not there. However, if it does bear the Model 23 and Diana logo (whether or not it says “Made in Gt. Britain”), it’s probably from the late '50s to early '60s, as my best guess. But if it reads “Made in Germany” or “Made in W. Germany” without any other stamps, I’d be extra puzzled! But again, i'm no expert. Dating Diana's can drive even the calmest person insane innit?

no numbers anywhere , made in Germany on the side of the tube and a circle with LUX on the side of the barrel block , wonderful little rifle !
Stan in KY.
Never heard of LUX—could that be an import/export distributor mark? Does it have any Diana branding at all? Fun little plinkers, indeed, Stan!