• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Difference between Men and Boys

There was a store in Missouri I spent a lot of money at. Cash on the barrel head always got you the best prices. For an additional $5 "processing fee" he would give you a receipt from Al's Garage. Saved me a lot of questions when the checkbook got balanced. That damn truck broke down at least five or six times a year. 😀

Screen Shot 2023-04-02 at 12.27.12 PM.jpg

Reactions: bivy53
In the context of wind arms. A boy begs his parents for a new gun. A man must beg his spouse. A real man goes ahead and buys the new gun and begs forgiveness afterwards.
I suppose I am the exception to your rules.
I married a woman that I trust and adore. I need neither her permission, nor her forgiveness. In turn she does not need mine.
There have been opportunities over the years for either one, or both of us to over spend on hobbies and the like. Neither of us has. Or will.
It is that trust and knowledge that has strengthened our relationship to what it is now.
I hear so many men talk of "asking their wife", if they can go fishing, golfing, hunting, fill in the blank here.
I did not marry my parent; I married my partner.
I spend every day doing my best to spoil her, and she does the same for me.
Granted it has made birthdays and Christmas more difficult, so be it.
I learned a basic truth long ago, "We accept the love, we think we deserve."
I am truly blessed. I just felt compelled to share.

Cheers
Doc. BTW Married 27 years and counting.

LOL
That's why most "real men" are either divorced or single.

I ran across and was good friend with a "real" man at a gun range. Found out later ...he was married and divorced 4 times. Oh boy...did he have a nice gun collection and very expensive toys. Some very expensive scopes too.
I'm surprised he has enough money left to buy anything after 4 divorces 🤣

Reactions: robbos
All my life my most expensive rifle was a Winchester 30-30. I think I gave around $300. That tells my age a little, ha. I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd be spending 3k on a pellet gun, lol. But, if you consider it is paid for entertainment I can't believe I waited so long to have this much fun. I sure never found this kind of pleasure from the ole 30-30.

Reactions: robbos and qball
In the context of wind arms. A boy begs his parents for a new gun. A man must beg his spouse. A real man goes ahead and buys the new gun and begs forgiveness afterwards.
...or a well seasoned man just doesn't show her the new purchase. You know kind of like she does with clothes, shoes and handbags. In my house, everybody gets what they need. Some of us get what we deserve :cool:

I suppose I am the exception to your rules.
I married a woman that I trust and adore. I need neither her permission, nor her forgiveness. In turn she does not need mine.
There have been opportunities over the years for either one, or both of us to over spend on hobbies and the like. Neither of us has. Or will.
It is that trust and knowledge that has strengthened our relationship to what it is now.
I hear so many men talk of "asking their wife", if they can go fishing, golfing, hunting, fill in the blank here.
I did not marry my parent; I married my partner.
I spend every day doing my best to spoil her, and she does the same for me.
Granted it has made birthdays and Christmas more difficult, so be it.
I learned a basic truth long ago, "We accept the love, we think we deserve."
I am truly blessed. I just felt compelled to share.

Cheers
Doc. BTW Married 27 years and counting.
52 yrs for me and counting !!

Reactions: robbos