Disparaging price difference

This again? Why can't we just have a respectful conversation?
We do, when you say stuff that’s not off the reservation.

Like I said before, I think you’re a rather humorous and eloquent guy…. You just talk about a lot of things that you obviously have little actual experience with.

You can BS the fans, but you can’t BS the players.

Still waiting for you to give the stats on the moose slaying .177 Springer.

It doesn’t exist….

You made up the 7mm Win Mag…. Then forgot you made it up.

I think you’re out of your element Donny….

Actually, it kind of does exist, but not commercially produced and it’s not called the 7mm Win Mag. A .300 Win necked down to 7mm is knows as the 7 Practical. When necked down and improved, it’s known as the 7 Mashburn.
Is a 7mm rem mag the same as a 7mm win mag? Because @Bedrock Bob stated rem mag

Reactions: Bedrock Bob
Is a 7mm rem mag the same as a 7mm win mag? Because @Bedrock Bob stated rem mag

Indeed. I did not say 7mm win mag. But if you read my post looking for something to take issue with it could be interpreted that way.

It's just what this guy does. He trolls any detail that he can take out of context and tries to turn it into an attack. He's been at it since I made my first post on AGN.

I'll not post on this thread anymore or he will turn it into a circus.

It's been fun! And the conversation has been good!

To test in wet paper I tie a bundle of paper together with twine leaving plenty of slack because the paper will expand. The only purpose of the twine is to make the resulting bundle easier to handle. I used to use newspaper but those are harder to find these days so I use magazines. I put a bundle in a drywall bucket and fill it with water then let them soak at least a couple hours and I like to do it overnight. Then I put that block out at 25 yards and shoot into it. Low powered guns like my Prod and P35-177 will penetrate through less than 10 magazines with about 80 pages each. My guns in the low 30 fpe range will go through more, of course, but a stack of 20 magazines will stop even my 25s at a little over 40 fpe. If you use an expanding projectile they won't go as deep but will make a wider hole. I may use 25 or 30 magazines next test since I want to include my now ~50 fpe 25 caliber.

Wow - all these AIRGUN calibers I'm not familiar with. Stunned this thread is still open.
Point taken, we derailed a bit 👍.
To test in wet paper I tie a bundle of paper together with twine leaving plenty of slack because the paper will expand. The only purpose of the twine is to make the resulting bundle easier to handle. I used to use newspaper but those are harder to find these days so I use magazines. I put a bundle in a drywall bucket and fill it with water then let them soak at least a couple hours and I like to do it overnight. Then I put that block out at 25 yards and shoot into it. Low powered guns like my Prod and P35-177 will penetrate through less than 10 magazines with about 80 pages each. My guns in the low 30 fpe range will go through more, of course, but a stack of 20 magazines will stop even my 25s at a little over 40 fpe. If you use an expanding projectile they won't go as deep but will make a wider hole. I may use 25 or 30 magazines next test since I want to include my now ~50 fpe 25 caliber.
Interesting, that's 800 pages of wet magazine the low powered .177 with go through.I will have to give that a try. On a smaller scale, since I would have to go out of my way to find magazines or newspaper.I can see stuffing pages of magazines or two or three magazines inside of a bottle of water and filling it up with water and stacking 2 bottle behind each other.

I store old magazines behind my Yong Heng for several months until I have enough to do a test and something interesting to test. I have to plan ahead, in other words. I also have some empty milk gallon containers but I don't find those results as interesting. I should probably recycle them. When my local trash collection/recycling spot took used magazines I would sometimes take them there after they dried out some. But they stopped so they just get burned or go in the trash. If you have a spot you can store them for 6 months or so you probably can build up a stack. The glossier they are the more "stopping power" the magazine will have. So I try to stay with the same magazines - mostly NRA Rifleman past issues. But sometimes I use the Roundel (BMW) and others to make up a big enough stack. I also always shoot a few pellets from my Prod into the stack as a control. That gives me a connection back to previous tests.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
I store old magazines behind my Yong Heng for several months until I have enough to do a test and something interesting to test. I have to plan ahead, in other words. I also have some empty milk gallon containers but I don't find those results as interesting. I should probably recycle them. When my local trash collection/recycling spot took used magazines I would sometimes take them there after they dried out some. But they stopped so they just get burned or go in the trash. If you have a spot you can store them for 6 months or so you probably can build up a stack. The glossier they are the more "stopping power" the magazine will have. So I try to stay with the same magazines - mostly NRA Rifleman past issues. But sometimes I use the Roundel (BMW) and others to make up a big enough stack. I also always shoot a few pellets from my Prod into the stack as a control. That gives me a connection back to previous tests.
Good to know, we have plenty of groceries down in south florida so I could make a 30minite run a have enough for several separate tests.