• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

DIY Camo Paint Job On My Synthetic Benjamin Marauder .25

I have owned my synthetic stock Benjamin Marauder .25 for about 5 years. It is a great gun. Stinking accurate with JSB Hades! 5 shots under a nickel at 50 yards all day long.
I got tired of the way it looked though. Plain old boring black synthetic stock. It has a Athlon Talos 4-14x40mm scope. It needed a new look.
I decided to look around on YouTube at different camo painting techniques. There are a bunch of them. All of them good, really.
The one that I chose uses rubber bands. It gives the rifle a grass type finish.
I went to WalMart and got paint. Khaki, Earth Brown, Army Green, and Matte Clear. I also got some rubber bands of different widths. I went by Staples and got some thicker ones as well.

jrP3cQKl.jpg

I removed the scope and degreased and taped off everything I didn't want to get painted, then I laid down a base coat of Khaki on the scope and rifle.

6hy5iCpl.jpg

Next to go on were the first rubber bands.

78Ekf6Wl.jpg

Then the Earth Brown.

kA98oQHl.jpg

dWoGjVTl.jpg

Followed by the Army Green.

05u9Yk0l.jpg

The trick is to not move the rubber bands you just painted over when you are putting a new layer of them on.
After another round of rubber bands I finished up with another coat of Khaki.
Here's how it ended up looking after I cut all of the rubber bands off.

yRGi3xul.jpg

hR5XVVsl.jpg

k0GEwCql.jpg

5tVY2M1l.jpg

I still need to hit it with about 3 coats of mate clear. Honestly I like it! It's not boring anymore.
It was a lot of fun and very satisfying too. Not that difficult to do. Just got to be patient and take your time.
This technique really works great!
I think I'm going to do this to one of my shotguns in the future.

I have owned my synthetic stock Benjamin Marauder .25 for about 5 years. It is a great gun. Stinking accurate with JSB Hades! 5 shots under a nickel at 50 yards all day long.
I got tired of the way it looked though. Plain old boring black synthetic stock. It has a Athlon Talos 4-14x40mm scope. It needed a new look.
I decided to look around on YouTube at different camo painting techniques. There are a bunch of them. All of them good, really.
The one that I chose uses rubber bands. It gives the rifle a grass type finish.
I went to WalMart and got paint. Khaki, Earth Brown, Army Green, and Matte Clear. I also got some rubber bands of different widths. I went by Staples and got some thicker ones as well.

jrP3cQKl.jpg

I removed the scope and degreased and taped off everything I didn't want to get painted, then I laid down a base coat of Khaki on the scope and rifle.

6hy5iCpl.jpg

Next to go on were the first rubber bands.

78Ekf6Wl.jpg

Then the Earth Brown.

kA98oQHl.jpg

dWoGjVTl.jpg

Followed by the Army Green.

05u9Yk0l.jpg

The trick is to not move the rubber bands you just painted over when you are putting a new layer of them on.
After another round of rubber bands I finished up with another coat of Khaki.
Here's how it ended up looking after I cut all of the rubber bands off.

yRGi3xul.jpg

hR5XVVsl.jpg

k0GEwCql.jpg

5tVY2M1l.jpg

I still need to hit it with about 3 coats of mate clear. Honestly I like it! It's not boring anymore.
It was a lot of fun and very satisfying too. Not that difficult to do. Just got to be patient and take your time.
This technique really works great!
I think I'm going to do this to one of my shotguns in the future.
Looks sorta like Vietnam Tiger Stripe khakis. Nice job.

Yea, they all come out a little different. I have learned allot in doing several over the last year though. FWIW, I strove to go with a less dense pattern on this one as compared to some others I've done. The trick was to use a bigger sponge and well spaced blotch's. The good news about any of these styles is that it's hard to really mess up. If you don't like the results, just shake the can and start over.

Reactions: Hateful McNasty