DNT Optics ThermNight TNC225R

@Coinwa The Notos is a real PITA. I added an additional .47 inch riser to my set up, because I wanted to bridge the front and back. I thought that would give me a more secure mount that overtime would not shift, and allow me to bring the scope back more with less stress on the front rail. But that was a mistake. It completely ruined zero. I had single digit X/Y with the 20 MOA mount using the front rail only.

When using the back rail, I wasn't even hitting paper anymore, and had to move in to 10yard to see I was off 6-8" (shooting hard left). I tried aligning them with a straight edge, I drilled holes in the the first riser so I could adjust the rear Rail to align it to the front. I Spent a few hours trying to get it to align without the need for shims. I finally gave in, and shimmed the one riser at the back to correct the X (left/right). I'm now a 6 on X and 22 on Y.... I'm going to work on getting the Y a little bit better. Probably not a gun that you can pop the scope off and put back and expect the same zero... too much sloppiness with the plastic rails.

I also had to grind away one of the slots on the first rear riser, as the front and back are not properly spaced. I'm probably using too many risers, and all errors in manufacturing are compounding, but for now at 21 yards, I'm zerod well enough. And the height is much more enjoyable. I could still come back more, which I may give that a go when I know I have time to fuss around with shims.

20240818_092105.jpg

Agreed on the Notos “pic rail” goat rodeo. It’s truly the weak link on that gun. They are accurate, but not very consistent.

I sighted in the DTN, put the Notos on the front seat of the truck, and drove out to the dairy (2.5 miles). Pulled it out of the truck, loaded up a magazine, and it was about an inch low-right at 25 yards.

Mounting a ridged steel optic to a piece of plastic that’s fastened to a steel/aluminum gun (on only one end)… doesn’t seem like the most skookum path to consistency.

I’m leaving it off the Notos for good. It’s performing well on the .30 though.

I was just wondering which one did you guys like the most for hunting with for bigger game like coyotes and hogs the 3-12 or 5-20?

It is going on my Texan 457
If you want the thermal unit, there's not a second choice. The thermal portion of the unit is 3-12 magnification and the night vision portion is 5-20 magnification.
Screenshot_20240820-085517.png

I was just wondering which one did you guys like the most for hunting with for bigger game like coyotes and hogs the 3-12 or 5-20?

It is going on my Texan 457
In the Zulus you mean? If that's the case it all depends on the distance you plan to use it. The 3-12 gives you that great FOV while the 5-20 lets you dial in magnify. Everyone shoots differently my buddy took a coyote at 150Y at 7.5x magnification me I would have been at max. But yes the ThermNight is a 3-12 thermal and the NV is 5-20.

I’m curious about the 65 MOA mounting kit and what it’s for? Is this to raise the angle of the scope up for long distance shooting? To account for pellet drop?
65? I use a 108moa adjustable eaglevision mount. Some slower speeds or rifles with 0moa rail or shooting at farther distances will make the reticle to low and that's where the Moa mounts come into play. The 35moa we sell at DNT is usually plenty the eaglevision just allows you to adjust windage as well.