DNT TNC225R Live Video

Here are a few videos I took the other night using my TNC225R. There are a couple using the day time digital and then I switched over to thermal for the same videos so one good AB them relatively easy. Apparently a deer died at the foot of a neighbor's dock (the neighbor has gone for the season) and the various birds have found the carcass. The first video is of an eagle helping himself to a meal. He flew off as I got closer. I am in my pontoon boat. I thought I would go and camp out and wait for the coyotes to show up for dinner but unfortunately it got down to 42 and I didn't have the appropriate clothing to stay out at that temp. The other videos are of the buzzards waiting in the tree after the eagle scared them off. None dropped down for more food while I was there. The other videos are of the vultures using the NV and then the thermal so you can see exactly what the ThermNight was seeing. What I saw in the scope was pretty spot on to what the recordings were seeing. And no, I shot nothing that night. I always give vultures a pass as they are nature's janitors! The videos have movement as I was in the boat and the water was not perfectly still where I was recording. I had the scope mounted on my EVOL .30 mounted on a tripod. The videos have been rendered down to HD for YouTube quality so they are not what came out of the scope, which was much higher quality. They are quire large and I can't upload them here in their native format. The final video is of the vultures recorded with my Thermtec 640k thermal scope. Again the quality is reduced to having to "pare down" the video to up load it. I added this to show the difference between the TNC225R thermal and a high-end thermal.

Last edited: