DNT Zulus 3-12

I took some video today at 80yds shooting it but I forgot to transfer over to my phone so I won't be able to show until later tonight. Lol this stuff is a learning experience for me I'm used to just shooting
Post it up when you can, I don't know about anyone else but I want to see what the 3x12 looks like at 80 yards

What distances do you plan on shooting. I can help you try and narrow it down.
As much as I would like to stay with the lower mag scope my old eyes just don’t agree.
83 yards at 6x mag, what was he aiming at? I can’t see the target till it moves.

I’m only 55 but once I hit 50 it was like flicking a switch.

5x20 will be what I need - my biggest concern was getting more magnification on the same sensor as the 3x unit and the image suffering because of it. That doesn’t seem to be the case.

As much as I would like to stay with the lower mag scope my old eyes just don’t agree.
83 yards at 6x mag, what was he aiming at? I can’t see the target till it moves.

I’m only 55 but once I hit 50 it was like flicking a switch.

5x20 will be what I need - my biggest concern was getting more magnification on the same sensor as the 3x unit and the image suffering because of it. That doesn’t seem to be the case.
Both will be clear but I like to magnify. Yes you lose FOV with the 5-20 but I have been using it at 25Y for over a year you just need to scan the area a little more often. Now on the 3-12 you can run PIP which will magnify the level you are currently looking at on the main screen bit it will not be as clear as the main image as the magnification level increases. This video is a mouse ar 63Y with the scope at 20x the misses were my fault as I was not as steady as I hoped, nor was I planning on shooting at 60y that night. The Night image has also improved since this firmware in the video.

So the problem here also is the videos that are shown on here aren't as clear as what you see in person. There's a quality loss at least for me when I try to share the videos as they are too big so they need to be reduced and quality lacks because of it. I had zero issues with either 3-12 or 5-20 with zooming in being bad. Very nice actually. I'll have to see my other videos with the 5-20. I might have some zoomed in max at long distance. But again the videos aren't as clear to what you see with your eyes.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Ok, so you guys who have ordered from DNT- what are the shipping times?

I‘ve got a work project that is going to take me away from home for a week. Have a vrbo house out in the woods where the crew is going to stay in CT. I’m bringing an air gun or 2. The Zulus might be fun.

I can get one from Cameraland NY in 24 hours. DNT would be cheaper with the discount code.

I’m in NJ.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
I'm in WA state. Once it shipped it was I think 4 or 5 days? Can't remember. I feel from Texas that's pretty similar distance to NJ from Texas to WA
Travel time is what it is, how long did it take for DNT to get it started?

I’ll probably still order from DNT regardless. Not a whole lot of time before I have to go.

You guys are 'almost' wanting me to put my 5x-20x on my Raptor. I'm just too lazy to set up different range zeros, I've like got 4 that I use all of the time, now THAT is LaZy. I could get by with 2 in all honesty, split the difference between 100-125 yds and 50 to 60, OH....H... why didn't I think of that before? dummy....ok, technically 3, the previous 2 and 25 yards...my back yard.

Ok, so you guys who have ordered from DNT- what are the shipping times?

I‘ve got a work project that is going to take me away from home for a week. Have a vrbo house out in the woods where the crew is going to stay in CT. I’m bringing an air gun or 2. The Zulus might be fun.

I can get one from Cameraland NY in 24 hours. DNT would be cheaper with the discount code.

I’m in NJ.
Discount code?
WHere can I find it please
Thanks
Edward

I haven't noticed any difference in clarity between the 3-12 or 5-20. I do know I like the 3-12 more though based on the larger FOV. Also I usually only used it on up to 6x. I don't need high magnification or really like it for my shooting. It's not on a target gun only for pesting so no need to be super precise but it doesn't hinder my shooting at all. This is 5 shots at 54yds with it on 6x on my Taipan Short which is no bench shooter being so little but does very well.View attachment 488513 Also sun is down but in daylight mode can still see great. I know I keep forgetting to record when I shoot still very new to me.View attachment 488512

Sounds like a sweet setup. Nice 54 yard group also .

Reactions: Dairyboy
Ok.. here's my .02cents I LOVE IT.. I now own three DNT Digitals, two 3-12's and a ThermNight 520 (Zulus 520 with Thermal). I have been hooked on the Zulus/DNT's since Matt (Brawler1588) first told me about them. I got into them first owning a Zulus 520. It's a game changer for sure. I sold my Zulus 520 to a buddy when the DNT 312 went on pre order because I really wanted a smaller focal range. It hasn't disappointed me yet to any great significance. It's new and as with anything new there is always room for improvement. So far the latest firmware update has improved what was already very good clarity. My Buddy Travis (Flytraps) that bought the Zulus 520 just told me tonight he wants another! For him the Ballistic app was the cherry on top. His comment to me was "Anything from 30 to 175yds is DEAD with one button push, it doesn't miss". The "175yd Limit" in that quote is only due to his current mounting setup, once that's dialed in he's sure the range will increase. For me, the full range of features, size, and weight are the trifecta of optics.

20240816_103006.jpg

Ok.. here's my .02cents I LOVE IT.. I now own three DNT Digitals, two 3-12's and a ThermNight 520 (Zulus 520 with Thermal). I have been hooked on the Zulus/DNT's since Matt (Brawler1588) first told me about them. I got into them first owning a Zulus 520. It's a game changer for sure. I sold my Zulus 520 to a buddy when the DNT 312 went on pre order because I really wanted a smaller focal range. It hasn't disappointed me yet to any great significance. It's new and as with anything new there is always room for improvement. So far the latest firmware update has improved what was already very good clarity. My Buddy Travis (Flytraps) that bought the Zulus 520 just told me tonight he wants another! For him the Ballistic app was the cherry on top. His comment to me was "Anything from 30 to 175yds is DEAD with one button push, it doesn't miss". The "175yd Limit" in that quote is only due to his current mounting setup, once that's dialed in he's sure the range will increase. For me, the full range of features, size, and weight are the trifecta of optics.

View attachment 489482
The ballistic app is awesome! I'm so dialed in now on mine. I have no doubt in it and is so convenient. I like a regular scope but having to use a rangefinder and then check my strelok is such a pain now lol