Do I Have a Scope Problem?

Thanks for all of your suggestions. Keep 'em coming if you have any other ideas. I'm shooting with the other scope right now and looking for any shifts. I may have seen some small shifts, but nothing like what I was seeing with the Aztec. I'm going to continue for some time. I want to get to the bottom of this. I can't possible shoot competitively with this problem.

Reactions: Stubbers
I'm not ignoring you. The gun doesn't have sights. There's nothing I can do about that. I'm not saying I haven't missed anything either. I'm here trying to see what I might be missing.
I said without sights your at buying or having another known good scope to test with .. I had one scope I had fits with and eventually found it would self adjust it's self .. like if I was 4 clicks off left and zeroed put the gun down for x amount ( few hrs ) of time I'd be 4 or so clicke off right . Then one day that cycopls guy posted a video on one that did it to him when he forgot to turn the scope cam off and found it when editing the vid ..lol so I was like hmmmmm.... Tested that on mine best I could and sure enough it start creeping extra in the direction you last clicked it .. lol. But ya , scoping a springer can be funny sometimes. .

Reactions: Cmiller
This is the only laser that I have found to mount to a dovetail. Most are for picatinny rail's. It's pretty cool watching your hold/heartbeat shake (it will make you a better shot while learning to control it) and watching the pellet or slug light up red as it gets to the target.

Few reviews claim major shifting /laser bouncing occurring from low recoil guns, so I am unsure how robustly it will perform on a springer.

Your idea is very sound provided the above does not occur and skew any results.

-Matt

Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist
This is the only laser that I have found to mount to a dovetail. Most are for picatinny rail's. It's pretty cool watching your hold/heartbeat shake (it will make you a better shot while learning to control it) and watching the pellet or slug light up red as it gets to the target.

Will it show up in the day time on the target?

@Cmiller I have bad news and I agree with @Ezana4CE - sounds like a scope issue.

The good news is Hawke has a great scope that is on sale that I use on my .20 HW97k with great success. BKL 260 droop mount and the scope stays in the center of the elevation. Awesome mount.

Here is my setup. I got totally lucky on how low the scope sits on the rifle. Great mount.
IMG_1844.jpeg

Edit: I need to add a white spacer on the buttstock to enhance accuracy.

Last edited:
Reactions: bustachip
I've shot probably 2-300 rounds with the cheap Accushot scope I have and it hasn't budged. I'm getting convinced it's the Aztec Scope. I'll switch back now and see if it turns up again.

Also found pellet my gun really likes. Air Arms Field Heavy. They worked great before and a new batch is just as good. 25 yards off a bench. Top left was zeroing. Three shot groups so several through the same hole.

20240909_122820.jpg

@Cmiller I have bad news and I agree with @Ezana4CE - sounds like a scope issue.

The good news is Hawke has a great scope that is on sale that I use on my .20 HW97k with great success. BKL 260 droop mount and the scope stays in the center of the elevation. Awesome mount.

I like the extra magnification of the Aztec since I'm getting into bench rest. If they replace it, I'll try it on an adjustable mount so I can keep the scope more centered.

I like the extra magnification of the Aztec since I'm getting into bench rest. If they replace it, I'll try it on an adjustable mount so I can keep the scope more centered.

I wouldn't advise throwing a 3rd version of the same scope on the same rifle that broke the previous 2. I would consider some tried and true scopes rated for springers that are known to last.

-Matt

I wouldn't advise throwing a 3rd version of the same scope on the same rifle that broke the previous 2. I would consider some tried and true scopes rated for springers that are known to last.

-Matt
I understand that but it's a free $500 scope (lifetime warranty). It is supposed to be a really good scope despite my luck with it. I have to at least try it. If it doesn't work then I move on...

I understand that but it's a free $500 scope (lifetime warranty). It is supposed to be a really good scope despite my luck with it. I have to at least try it. If it doesn't work then I move on...

You did try it, twice...yea? I can't follow your train of thought, however...if I were you I would warranty it and use it on a non-springer or resell it.

Gorgeous stock by the way, stunning.

-Matt

Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist
My WAG is a scope issue .... AS there sales statement just states SHOCK PROOF which is term used for HEAVY recoiling powder guns.
Double recoil of a Spring or Ram piston air rifle I'm not so sure about ???
AOA told me it is springer rated, but I'll ask them very specifically again when I talk to them. First need to confirm one more time that poi is shifting.

AOA told me it is springer rated, but I'll ask them very specifically again when I talk to them. First need to confirm one more time that poi is shifting.

Yet your springer broke two of them...so maybe go with what you learned from experience versus word of mouth? I mean, what will you do if the 3rd one breaks, rinse and repeat one more time? Seems you may eventually stretch your luck with warranties.

-Matt

Reactions: Dairyboy