Do I Have a Scope Problem?

You did try it, twice...yea? I can't follow your train of thought, however...if I were you I would warranty it and use it on a non-springer or resell it.

Gorgeous stock by the way, stunning.

-Matt
Not a bad idea! I could buy a decent benchrest scope instead. And confirm very carefully that it can handle a springer.

I love the stock. It has a hand rubbed oil finish and feels like silk. Nice and heavy for recoil absorption.

Yet your springer broke two of them...so maybe go with what you learned from experience versus word of mouth? I mean, what will you do if the 3rd one breaks, rinse and repeat one more time? Seems you may eventually stretch your luck with warranties.

-Matt
Fair points. I have wasted a lot of time and pellets on that scope. I like the idea of selling it.

Reactions: Dairyboy
Not a bad idea! I could buy a decent benchrest scope instead. And confirm very carefully that it can handle a springer.

I love the stock. It has a hand rubbed oil finish and feels like silk. Nice and heavy for recoil absorption.

Yea I love the color/finish of that stock you made, I love darker woods myself, good lines too.

If you google 'springer rated scope" you'll get a lot of hits and can do some research based on those findings, imo.

In the end, its your time, your money, your scope so do as you please, my advice is only what I would do in your shoes.

-Matt

There’s a difference between ignorance and , pride,(stupidity)
one is not knowing , one is repeating the same thing expecting different results.

dont get offended….
many here have offered help ,yet you seem to want to make a square block fit in a round hole.
Just an opinion.,,,, Remember opinions are like azz holes, everyone has one, and they all stink, at times. 🍻

Well I'm still going around and around about that scope. I shot my cheaper Accushot scope for days and it seemed reliably solid. No big shifts at all. I switched back to the Aztec and found myself chasing smaller but constant shifts in poi. I'd be right on for several shots then the poi would shift a few clicks in one direction or another. I'd think I had pulled a shot but the next several go in the same place. I make an adjustment and hit a perfect x. A handful of shots later and it shifts again.

I would blame the scope and go back to the Accushot. I'm drilling the centers of the bull but then the poi creeps a few clicks. I make an adjustment after a few shots and I'm back in the bull again. And on and on.

Is this normal? Do you expect to be chasing your zero throughout a card? I've always assumed that when you zero a scope then all you should have to do is shoot well. I almost always find I have to watch for shifts and make adjustments to either the scope or my aim point. It's really frustrating when I feel like I can absolutely drill out the x if I know where to aim.

Here's tonight's card. I had to make three shifts in my aim point in 25 shots.

20240912_192833.jpg

Today I was able to clearly document the problem I'm having. Shot a bunch of targets from 25 yards on the bench. Top row I'm trying to zero. Finally give up at the start of row 2. The scope immediately shifts low right. I kept shooting the bull and every shot goes exactly in the same place.

On row 5 i finally adjusted the scope and got back on center. There are 3 weird shots on row 6 but everything else is either an x or a 10. The problem is clearly not me or the gun. This is the most precise shooting I've ever seen from any gun I've owned.

Now, can I find a scope that will stay still?

20240913_122216.jpg

Today I was able to clearly document the problem I'm having. Shot a bunch of targets from 25 yards on the bench. Top row I'm trying to zero. Finally give up at the start of row 2. The scope immediately shifts low right. I kept shooting the bull and every shot goes exactly in the same place.

On row 5 i finally adjusted the scope and got back on center. There are 3 weird shots on row 6 but everything else is either an x or a 10. The problem is clearly not me or the gun. This is the most precise shooting I've ever seen from any gun I've owned.

Now, can I find a scope that will stay still?

View attachment 495847
Lol... If I shot all that at 20y with my HW I'd be ok with it .. lol
.. 🥴. I'd be blaming me , my hold or the wind ..

Reactions: Cmiller
Lol... If I shot all that at 20y with my HW I'd be ok with it .. lol
.. 🥴. I'd be blaming me , my hold or the wind ..
I've been doing the same. I've kept working on it because my instinct was telling me that the gun was great. I never felt like i was throwing those pellets all over. This card makes it clear to me that it's not me or the gun.