• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Do these shoot back?

I was recently (very generously) gifted a bunch of targets, mostly steel. I got em all laid out to spray paint this morning and then the wind came up, a lot! So the painting is on hold but I'm super excited to get them spread out in the back pasture

But also in the milk crate was one of these.....
PXL_20240620_204246525.jpg

The semi-self healing type.

From those that have shot at this type before.....is there a certain fpe I need to stay over to prevent pellets from coming back at me and my boys? Or are these healing targets strictly rimfire?

Thanks in advance.

@Franklink, maybe if they are carrying concealed…🙈 Wouldn’t the impact of the pellet simply knock the target around? If held rigidly then maybe bounce back? It looks like a target meant to be freely placed and knocked about.

Yeah it's made to roll, always leaving one prairie dog silhouette "up."

The material looks like it might return a fired pellet. And I've got a bunch of big windows on the back side of my house. I'd rather not catch a returning pellet in my or my boys faces, or the windows. Figured someone has shot at them with an airgun to know for sure.

Last edited:
@Franklink, maybe if they are carrying concealed…🙈 Wouldn’t the impact of the pellet simply knock the target around? If held rigidly then maybe bounce back? It looks like a target meant to be freely placed and knocked about.
They are fine. They are also made in solid blocks. Have shot thousands of pellets into them with no issue.

yes, low power will tend to bounce. built a set of sillywet reset targets for club - air pistol, the low powered air pistols ( dasiy 717 and the like apx 425 fps ) would knock targets over but sometimes bounce back to the line off the chickens. higher velocity units the pellets would flatten out and 98% no bounce back. the hinge point was at the bottom so a real low hit was where the problem was from. we videoed it to see what was up.