Do you have airguns sitting in limbo (in need of repair)?

Do any of you have airguns sitting on the side that need minor or major repair that are neglected? I was just thinking about this for the past couple days. I guess this thread should be more about procrastination or not having or making the time to work on them. Here's my list; What's yours?

AAA Paradigm .22:
My Paradigm finally leaked. I have all the o-rings to replace any damaged ones. Just need to make time.

Edgun Leshiy Classic .22:
My Leshiy Classic has been shooting erratically and not where it was before. I'm pretty sure the regulator just needs to be rebuilt. Got all the o-rings. Just need to make the time.

Daystate Huntsman Regal XL .22:
Actually, nothing is wrong with the gun itself. It's just the scope that's mounted on it. I have an SWFA fixed 10X Side Focus that developed some specs/flakes in the lens that bothers me. I love looking through good glass and right now, it's disgusting to look through. The gun just sits on the side for now until I get a new scope. I'm still trying to decide what scope to put on it.

Edgun R5M Matador .25:
The right side cocking handle spring broke on my R5M. The gun will still shoot and is not totally out of commission. The cocking handle just doesn't spring forward and has to be pushed forward to latch it in place. This nis the third time the spring on the right side broke. I have replacement springs but I just have to get around to changing it out.

AAA Evol Mini .22:
Like my Hunstman, nothing is actually wrong with the gun itself. It's the scope that I had mounted on it. My March Highmaster 4.5-28x52 scope developed some problems with the elevation turret. All of sudden, it became hard to adjust. It's under warranty and I just need to pack it up and ship it off to Japan for repair. I hate going to the post office! Right now, I have an Athlon Cronus BTR Gen 2 4.5-29x56 mounted on it but the gun is super heavy with that big ass scope and the glass is not as nice compared to my March Highmaster that I had on it.

Reactions: cavedweller
FWB 150... basket case... need stock...got a sporter 300 stock...now have to mod it to accommodate long cocking lever (not sure I want to do this). Needs fixing screws for stock to action...might have a trigger problem... not sure... because all of the above. Sure would like to complete it... it is really nice. Have a 300 1975 and is just to darn big for me now.

Reactions: Peskådot671
If I did I wouldn't have read your post. All mine sit aired up and ready to go. It drives me nuts when they're not. The worse thing is when you're sidelined by no parts availability. That made me re-think which airguns I buy, and from who. Good luck with fixing yours, at least the Paradigm is really easy to work on, that's a plus.

If I did I wouldn't have read your post. All mine sit aired up and ready to go. It drives me nuts when they're not. The worse thing is when you're sidelined by no parts availability. That made me re-think which airguns I buy, and from who. Good luck with fixing yours, at least the Paradigm is really easy to work on, that's a plus.
Whenever I order a new airgun, I always go to the schematics and place orders for spare o-rings for future repairs. Eventually, they all leak (PCPs'). Having parts availability and good customer service is what I also look for. You're right about the Paradigm/Evol line being easy to work on. Actually, all the guns I listed are pretty easy to work on. I've worked on all of them before so no surprises.

Do any of you have airguns sitting on the side that need minor or major repair that are neglected? I was just thinking about this for the past couple days. I guess this thread should be more about procrastination or not having or making the time to work on them. Here's my list; What's yours?

AAA Paradigm .22:
My Paradigm finally leaked. I have all the o-rings to replace any damaged ones. Just need to make time.

Edgun Leshiy Classic .22:
My Leshiy Classic has been shooting erratically and not where it was before. I'm pretty sure the regulator just needs to be rebuilt. Got all the o-rings. Just need to make the time.

Daystate Huntsman Regal XL .22:
Actually, nothing is wrong with the gun itself. It's just the scope that's mounted on it. I have an SWFA fixed 10X Side Focus that developed some specs/flakes in the lens that bothers me. I love looking through good glass and right now, it's disgusting to look through. The gun just sits on the side for now until I get a new scope. I'm still trying to decide what scope to put on it.

Edgun R5M Matador .25:
The right side cocking handle spring broke on my R5M. The gun will still shoot and is not totally out of commission. The cocking handle just doesn't spring forward and has to be pushed forward to latch it in place. This nis the third time the spring on the right side broke. I have replacement springs but I just have to get around to changing it out.

AAA Evol Mini .22:
Like my Hunstman, nothing is actually wrong with the gun itself. It's the scope that I had mounted on it. My March Highmaster 4.5-28x52 scope developed some problems with the elevation turret. All of sudden, it became hard to adjust. It's under warranty and I just need to pack it up and ship it off to Japan for repair. I hate going to the post office! Right now, I have an Athlon Cronus BTR Gen 2 4.5-29x56 mounted on it but the gun is super heavy with that big ass scope and the glass is not as nice compared to my March Highmaster that I had on it
Let me ask you this. What else, worth 6k+, would you allow to be in desrepair and collecting dust?

Not really, no.

I have a self-imposed limit of 10 firearms/airguns. Really it's all of my bandwidth to regularly shoot ten rifles, keep them tuned, cleaned, ammo reloaded, zeroed, etc. From a money point of view its easy to spend what's necessary to get any one of them repaired or upgraded.

Another bonus is I have been steadily upgrading my optics. Instead of having $3000 rifles with $600 scopes, I'm beginning to fix that for some of them.

At the moment the loading probe on my RAW .22 is out of adjustment and loose. I've been on vacation and now that I'm back I probably won't play with it any longer but instead send it to Martin for repair and have him fit another .22 barrel I have to the rifle.

My EVOL 15 was in this state for a few months. It had a leak and I had uncertainty about hammer spring setting relating to not the best accuracy past 30 yards. I finally got sick of seeing it on my 'to do' list and replaced the o rings and faced my hammer spring issue. It's all good now and it was less work than I was expecting. Stop putting it off!

Coincidentally, I was on the hunt for a deal on a Athlon Cronus BTR Gen 2 4.5-29x56 to complement my March F 3-24x42, and came across a killer deal on a Highmaster 4.5-28x52, so now that's on the way. Woot! FWIW, I love the 3-24 for size and weight, but it is a little uncomfortable to get behind because of the small eye box.

My neighbor who is a professional mechanic has a 67 or 68 Chevy of some sort in his garage that he has been restoring for the last...oh, 25~ years.

Reality is he will never finish it, ever...but he bought a sweet t-56 6 speed that can sit on a bench forever. His issue isn't money, its...his own procrastination.

So yea, don't let procrastination let your hobby and/or dreams waste away...like some pop country singer said, you gotta chase your dreams, because they won't chase you.

-Matt

FX Indy
The pump-up rifle made by FX in 2014
was a fun little rifle, but had a major issue..there's no way to dump the water that collects from pumping in the air.
airgun parts are not all rust proof and i corroded the metal parts.
if i fix it...it will corrode again.
So it sits in a corner ..still don't know what i should do with it

My only probable maintenance is my P35-25. It has a very slow leak. About 5 bar per day I think. I am still watching it to be sure it is actually leaking. If it is, I will probably reseal the "front end" the area ahead of the regulator later today. I did the area in back of the regulator last week. I regreased the O-rings in the front end a couple weeks ago but I didn't do the one under the gauge and I did not replace any of them. Doing everything will take less than half an hour including refilling the gun I just have to decide to do it. If not today it will definitely happen this week. I am retired so I have plenty of time and I have plenty of O-rings. More fun to shoot other guns, however.

I replaced most of the orings in my old FX Royale but it still leaks however the rest of my airguns are GTG.

Had a Vector Optics Continental 5-30 that had odd issues which took me a long time to narrow down. All I knew was I'd miss a shot or two more than I should have in FT matches. I replaced the scope on the gun with a Athlon ETR 15-60 and whatayuhknow I was back up the roster where I usually am. Frustrating experience for an entire season. I thought I had a bad batch of pellets but nope.

Also had some screws that must have started to come loose on my Thomas HPX a year ago and finally they become loose enough to track down. Ha, when the screws were starting to come loose this gun would still shoot 2"-2.5" groups at 100Y but had very small poi shifts. Also I scored 2nd at a UFT match in slug division with loose screws but now I know why I was missing more than I should have.

I'm learning that if something doesn't seem quite right then I better start hunting a problem down.

I seem to have acquired a lot more airguns (25 plus) than I ever imagined I would have. 😬

They all get their day on the range and regular routine maintenance so they are always good to go.

I've been procrastinating about a couple of stocks I want to make. I promised my FWB 300 a nice curly maple stock and my Walther 1250 a firewood stock. Got a new PCP coming that I want to put a laminated wood skeleton style stock on. Other that getting the materials together I've been to busy fishing to to start.

Too many projects and I can't find my round-tuit! 😁

Cheers!

I try to get mine fixed as soon as I have an issue. With out them it honestly pisses me off to not have functioning rifles.

Most of the rifles are quite easy to work on, especially the AAA line of rifles. Just make sure to use the correct lube on them, or you could have the galling issue I had.

Just fix them and stop putting it off! If your like me, you will forget what was wrong with the rifle and have to start all over. lol