• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Do you have lasers or Flashlights on your PCP?

These are a little more powerful than aiming lasers.
C73DA2EA-AA01-42A6-97FE-F37F23EFC183.jpeg

I have a bunch of lasers and flashlights, but most of the time my guns are used for pesting, so I don't need them.

I tend to strap a laser on my rifles when I do the first sighting-in. I'm lazy and I forget which direction the sights move when I turn the knob clockwise or counter-clockwise, so having the laser pointer as a reference helps.

With my IR scope I have an IR laser that I sometimes like to use. It's good to have extra cues for knowing how far the target is. On my thermal scope it has a rangefinder built in, so there's really no need for a laser pointer.

On my Crosman 1322 pumper, I do use a laser. I hadn't seen anything like it before. It allows you to adjust the diameter of the beam. So I like to adjust the beam diameter to be roughly about as large as my groups. Makes aiming very easy.

Last edited:
I have a bunch of lasers and flashlights, but most of the time my guns are used for pesting, so I don't need them.

I tend to strap a laser on my rifles when I do the first sighting-in. I'm lazy and I forget which direction the sights move when I turn the knob clockwise or counter-clockwise, so having the laser pointer as a reference helps.

With my IR scope I have an IR laser than I sometimes like to use. It's good to have extra queues for knowing how far the target is. On my thermal scope it has a rangefinder built in, so there's really no need for a laser pointer.

On my Crosman 1322 pumper, I do use a laser. I hadn't seen anything like it before. It allows you to adjust the diameter of the beam. So I like to adjust the beam diameter to be roughly about as large as my groups. Makes aiming very easy.
Delooper, that's an interesting post. Could you let me know what laser you have that you can adjust the beam diameter? Tks.

Reactions: Vortecsix
Reactions: Vortecsix
handheld hobby lasers
the blue is 445nm at 1 watt
the green 532nm at 300mw

green is 10X more percievale to our eyes than blue
Nice. I got into lasers back on 2012. Not so much any more, but I still have a lot of my collection. Green is more easily perceived by our eyes than blue or red but by how much depends on a number of factors like whether it's light out or our eyes are dark adapted, beam diameter, and the exact wavelength. I used to have a 500mW 532nm but when the 520s and 525s started coming out I much prefer them as they are diode lasers not DPSS lasers and thus are not as temp sensitive and far more stable and easy to work with, and no worry of IR leak if unfiltered.

Some notable lasers I own are a 7W 445nm that can punch holes through tin foil and melt solder and bismuth. I have a 50mW 505nm, 100mW 492nm, 1.5W and 600mW 405nm, 200mW 638nm, 300mW 660nm, 3W 465nm, and a 1W 525nm. I used to have a very rare 40mW 589nm laser but the company that made it stopped and someone in Dubai offered twice what I paid for it so I sold

For relevance as a gun sight, when buying a green laser, if it states the wavelength, avoid 532nm lasers and instead get a 520nm if you can. The 532s are DPSS lasers ( this means they use an IR diode and pump a crystal to produce the green light, so extra alignment and building and temp and IR leak considerations come into play, making them more complex than the newer, direct green diodes) and will be more fragile and susceptible to vibrations and bangs, as well as being less stable in output than a 520nm laser. 520 is ever so slightly less bright than 532 but nothing you'd notice at 5mW levels. 532 is closer to yellow than 520, so appears more of a lime green while 520 is more of a mint green.

I have a green laser sight on my airbow in addition to the scope. I can score 🎯 at 50 yards from the hip with it

FB_IMG_1638319715868.jpg

FB_IMG_1638319841553.jpg

FB_IMG_1638319836600.jpg

Last edited:
The lasers are cool for sure, but the LEP ( Laser Exited Phosphorus ) are a bit more manageable, though you of course do NOT want to look into one.

And for short range you do get a pretty narrow laser like beam, which is also why they work so well at distances too.
And they come pretty damn small also, and some like Olight already do gun attachments.
The Lumintop Antnan that came out a year or two ago, pretty nice for a flashlight that is almost lipstick size.