Does anyone have any suggestions on a PCP air rifle for hunting?

I wouldn’t recommend the Sig Virtus For hunting. It’s more of a plinking rifle.I don’t own one but have read many of reviews and watched videos. It’s not an ideal hunting gun. Look at Hard air magazines review on it.It’s a little low on power and also not near as accurate as most other air rifles in that category. I did all that research because I was Thinking of buying one too. You would need to tell what your price range is.Also does it need to be a semi automatic? How far are you going to be shooting?

I would recommend the Benjamin Cayden. It’s a multi shot side lever. It’s got the power and accuracy that you would need.Actually well over powered for mice.LoL It goes for $570-$600 depending where you buy it.Walnut stock and Five year warranty also. I know there’s a lot of people that like theirs.I have its brother the Akela Which is dependable and accurate.The Hammer is way too powerful for what you need. Plus you only get a few shots per fill.

Ripper, my price range is $300-700 for a air gun for hunting.

I believe you will be very happy with a Gamo Urban in .22 for this, including the price range. I've owned one and once you cut the barrel band (plastic) off it's a wonderful little PCP. For $700 you can pick up the Urban, a nice scope, and a hand pump. With the Hill MK3 when I owned my Urban it was exactly 72 pumps to refill.

For the price range you’re saying,you want to try to get the best and most for that amount of money. Yes first you want to get a good dependable and accurate air rifle. Secondly the scope has to be decent but not match grade quality. I got scopes that for around $120 that work great for hunting. Get a milldot scope 3 to 9 power. Because you will probably be using it at short and longer ranges. I like the Hawke scopes.And my first hand pump is a Chinese hand pump that I paid $40 for and used it for eight years straight with no problems.That’s because I don’t let it get hot and I put a thin coating of pure silicone oil on the shaft Every third time I use it.But now I use a compressor on my guns with bigger tanks.We don’t know if you have all the extra accessories or not.But do your research and don’t jump into anything. You have to consider accuracy, power, trigger pull weight And dependability. Also how many shots are you going to get per fill is something to consider.There is a lot of factors involved. You don’t want to have buyers remorse. Just remember that Benjamin Crosman has a good customer service and will take care of any problems you might have in no time at all . And that’s why I was trying to steer you towards the Benjamin Cayden.The Gamo urban I have heard is a decent rifle but never owned one. And depending on where you buy it is going to reflect on what kind of customer service you are going to have if you do have problems. All of this is part of my experience and also opinion. You will most likely get other options that people will tell you also. I’ve learned to do plenty of research before I buy anything anymore because I have At least three air guns right now that are just dust collectors because I don’t like the way they perform at all.

LMNOP, I’ve got the break barrel Gamo Swarm Whisper Gen 1 with 10x rotary mag, so I don’t know if I’m gonna get another rifle in PCP of the same brand.

Sounds fair -- the Gamo Urban though is made in Birmingham, England in the BSA plant -- it's the same as a BSA Buccaneer except with the Gamo brand name and a plastic stock. Hammer-forged barrel as well. It's really more than what you think if you're just thinking "It's another Gamo".

It loves CPDs an CPHs; I recall I was getting 830FPS with 14.3gr and 30 shots. 232bar fill pressure and I'd shoot it down to around 140 bar for around ~38 shots if memory serves correctly.

I know it's your money so don't think I'm trying to tell you how to spend it but with the Gamo Urban there's more than meets the eye/brand. It's a BSA Buccaneer in disguise. :)

Ripper, I’ve got several airguns from Crosman that shoot 4.5mm bbs and there all good quality. But I don’t wanna get a Crosman PCP air rifle for hunting necessarily, so I’ll take your advice on the Benjamin PCP air rifles for hunting. Thanks again on the reply! I really appreciate it
1f60a.svg
1f642.svg

They are the same company now. Also I forgot to say that the Benjamin Cayden Has a power adjustment wheel that you can adjust the power down when you are shooting at Mice.Look at reviews on the gun. I’ve seen guys that bought guns from that company that had a problem and they just sent them a brand new gun.