Does anyone work on the HW75?

My HW75 has two cocking strokes. One is easy, like it was not opened far enough or not enough air was taken in. The second one feels normal and has the expected resistance. My shot deviation is all over the place with weighed pellets.

My HW40 is the exact opposite. Same consistent resistance when cocking. Very little deviation with weighed pellets.

I think there is a defective seal or o ring causing theses issues. I plan on sending it to Mr. Slade and have him inspect and reseal the pistol.

My HW75 has two cocking strokes. One is easy, like it was not opened far enough or not enough air was taken in. The second one feels normal and has the expected resistance. My shot deviation is all over the place with weighed pellets.

My HW40 is the exact opposite. Same consistent resistance when cocking. Very little deviation with weighed pellets.

I think there is a defective seal or o ring causing theses issues. I plan on sending it to Mr. Slade and have him inspect and reseal the pistol.
The HW75 and 40 are single stroke pneumatics. They take their breath when the pistol is in full open position. If you don't quite achieve full open you'll notice an easier close, and reduced power.
The HW75, being a SSP, doesn't have two cocking stroke's, but the HW45, (P1) is a springer with a half and full cocking modes.
So are you referring to having to multy pump it?

Last edited:
The HW75 and 40 are single stroke pneumatics. They take their breath when the pistol is in full open position. If you don't quite achieve full open you'll notice an easier close, and reduced power.
The HW75, being a SSP, doesn't have two cocking stroke's, but the HW45, (P1) is a springer with a half and full cocking modes.
So are you referring to having to multy pump it?
What I am saying is that when I cock the HW75 there are two results. One good and one bad. I want only one consistent result like my HW40 delivers every time it is cocked.

Reactions: .20calguy
What I am saying is that when I cock the HW75 there are two results. One good and one bad. I want only one consistent result like my HW40 delivers every time it is cocked.
I have trouble with both of mine, if I don't fully open them. Other than that they're great. Let us how your service turns out.

I have trouble with both of mine, if I don't fully open them. Other than that they're great. Let us how your service turns out.
The thing is, if I open the HW75 any more than I already am I would break something! I open it to the obvious stop point, pause and then compress. Sometimes it is good, sometimes it is bad. I want it to always be good. My HW40 out shoots it at twenty yards. Should be the other way around.

AN FYI ...
The HW75 ( Beeman P1 ) along with the Old Webley Tempest / Hurricane utilized a solid TEFLON head on the piston. There is no parachute or leather seal present.

To RESIZE the seal these pistols are VERY UNIQUE in that you DRY FIRE THEM REPEATABLY. What this does is the piston impacts comp chamber roof and creates a swelling of the telfon head.

Yea no poop o_O